1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cat killer on trial in Texas.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by crusha, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Hell, they'd have to put me in the electric chair, then...

2. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Feral cats should be open season all the time. They decimate any ground nesting birds, rabbits or any other thing they can catch. Give the guy a medal! Wish I was on the jury.

Big Jack

3. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

They got some wild pussy's in Texas....take it from one who knows, but thats no reason to go around killing 'em!

4. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

All I want to know is did he use hollow-points or hypervelocity to accomplish this task? :)

What is he charged with?? That is the question.
    Give us a link.

5. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Only thing they could charge him with would be using a firearm in the city limits!
    Cats are wild animals and to my knowledge not illegal to kill them anywhere.

6. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

i don't trust people who don't like cats.

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

We had this big black lab in our neighborhood that was killing rabbits. I nailed that sucker with my Weatherby 25-06. He went down like a sack of potatoes.

8. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

He won't do time but I'll wager that he does get probation and community service. In the small Texas town I live in there are several doing prob/cs for similar offences. The distinction will come down to pet or stray.

9. snapthecat

snapthecat TS Member

Recently a man was prosecuted for setting fire to a possum. This happened in Asheville, NC and was reported by WLOS TV over and over and over for a week and a half with upwards of 10 minutes dedicated to it every night on the 6:00 news. I am not defending the act, just think the amount of coverage was ridiculous. Oh, well at least the 10 minutes were not devoted to Hillbitchery as is usually the case with this ultra liberal bunch.

10. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

"The distinction will come down to pet or stray."
    I agree.
    After reading the link, I hope his defense lawyer is sharp enough to effectively demonstrate the difference between feeding a wild/feral animal and claiming it as a pet.
    My mom feeds bluejays and cardinals, but they certainly aren't pets.

I hope the guy gets what he deserves in this case: acquital.

11. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Setttiheg a possum on fire and killing a cat are not the same thing. One is animal crulity and the other is community service. As I dsay whenever I drop them off at the shelter. I got another stray/feral cat for you. They alway say the same thing.. How do you know? At which point I muster the dumbest are you FUC*&^* me looks and say... He doesn't have a collar. They hate me at that place. When they see me coming I hear in a whispered tone( He's the one I told you about.. The crazy man.) The first time I went in the lady wanted to charge me 28 dollars to drop the cat off. I told her I would just shoot it and turned to go. She starts screaming Wait! ! ! Do you want this cat or not I say? yes! We will take it. Ever since then I look for her. Got another stray for you with no collar. It drives them absolutely ape shit that I consider an animal without a collar a stray. Don't people who love their pets put collars on them so they can find there way home? I have one neighbor who's cat loves to eat sardines so much he has made three trips to the humane society.The great part is that our humane society is the equal of the junk yard with the tow service. If you want your animal out you got to pay the price. Funny thing is that I don't see him around the neighborhod anymore. I suspect that he has become the inside cat he always should have been! I got two cats and neither of them go outside and they both where collars just in case they do. Jeff

12. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Next time I bet he uses a silencer.....

13. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Making the neighbors pay to get them back is better then shooting them.Jeff

14. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

SuperX,

Very diabolical... I admire that in a person!

15. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Super X Jeff a lot of people have chips put in their pets to identify them. Cats with collars sometimes strangle themselves so an indoor/outdoor cat should never have a collar on. That does NOT make it a stary. Buy yourself a chip reader than you can say whether or not the cat is stray or wild. It's your choice wether or not you do the right thing. If you hate cats than nothing said will make any difference. Personally I do not like killing anything anymore except house spiders.......

16. bulgie

bulgie TS Member

Seens to me killing a cat or dog just for the fun of shooting it is not the thing to do. Killing a cat just for the sake of saying it is ferel seems to me to be stupid. Anyones pet cat or dog can get lost and be looked on as a stray. My crazy house dog finds a way to get out every once in a while and I have to go find him, usually very close to my house. If you have the urge to rid your neighborhood of what you think are strays, call the animal control folks. Or maybe the "big bad hunter" instinct comes out in you and need to shoot something. If you are a "regular" cat and dog shooter perhaps someone will stick your .22 up you rectum all the way to the scope.
    John

17. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

hoggy, house spiders have babies too. Shame on you!!

18. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

OK Tell the truth.. When you are in your car and you pass a dead dog on the side of the road you go "ooooh the poor doggie". If it a cat you can't help but laugh.

WHY????

Rock

JIm

19. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Chip reader??? Are you out of your mind? Do you think that I really believe these cats are strays? I know very damn well they are not strays. These cats are my neighbors cats. That is the whole point of why I catch them in the hav-a-hart trap. I take them to the pound and they have to pay to get them back. The law says they can shit in my yard and the ownwer is not responsible. The law also allows me to live trap them and take them to the pound where the owners have to pay to get them out of the pokey. That is the beauty of it. The cat owners have the same recourse against me that I have against them when their cats shit in my wifes flowers and garden. They can either pay the fine or leave them in the pound and let somebody else adopt them. Since the shelter is no kill the cat stands at least a fair chance of coming out on the winning edge. The luckt cat might get adopted by somebody who cares enough about their pet to keep the cat inside where he belongs. Jeff

20. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Well!!!! I've been called worse than crazy. And if you think I'm crazy you ought to meet some of my biker friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.