1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Castle Doctrine and the Brady Bunch

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by spritc, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spritc

spritc Active Member

I was watching Fox News this morning and they had on the Brady Bunches Paul Helmke, who is originally from Indiana. Helmke said the Castle Doctrine is an excuse for people to shoot an intruder in the back as he is leaving your home. I can't believe this idiot is from Indiana. He acted like he really believed this would happen. He and the Brady Bunch don't realize that 99% of gun owners dread the day they have to defend their homes and loved ones with force. Having to take a life is the last thing we want to do, but as most gun owners will tell you, they will do it if it means saving their life or the life of a loved one. The Castle Doctrine gives us an outright right to protect ourselves with force in our homes or in our vehicles when we think our lives are at risk. All states should adopt this legislation! It should be said, over the years some states have inacted their own laws pertaining to self defense and in some of those states you have to show that you did everything in your power to avoid having to kill an intruder, what a bunch of crap.

Its this crap the Democrats want non-gun owners to believe. When they get enough people to believe this horse s***, we will lose our guns. The Republicans haven't been the best at leading our country, but I believe they will stand with us on gun rights and the second ammendment. Lets pick the best "guy" for the job and make sure where "he" stands on gun rights as well as his ability to lead this country.

Steve from Indiana

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

He's a Brady ... what do you honestly expect?

3. spritc

spritc Active Member

Lumper, that was intelligent.

Steve

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Castle Doctrine, as far as I know, still DOES NOT allow one to shoot an intruder in the back as he is leaving your home.

5. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Helmke is just a life support system for a butt hole. In Missouri the castle doctrine law is applicable in any place your legally allowed to be.

Jim

6. spritc

spritc Active Member

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Paul Helmke has succumbed to an irrational mental process known as "projection".

He projects what HE fears what HE would do onto the rest of us.

Many anti-gunners do this. I daresay the majority. They don't trust themselves with a firearm, therefore they project that the rest of us cannot be trusted with them either.

8. spritc

spritc Active Member

Good thought Brian!

9. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Brian, again, good thought. Yes, those of us who live in Missouri have the Castle Doctrine and it's for the protection of the family. I don't think shooting someone in the back when they are leaving is a part of any "Castle Doctrine". The anti-gun people seem to believe, "no guns, no crime". Stupidity has a habit of getting it's way. Michael

10. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

"life support system for a butt hole" Now that's funny!!

11. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

After catching part of the Fox interview Kolardude referenced above, I have a minor disagreement with Jim101. Helmke isn't the life support system. He's the sphincter.

States that pass concealed carry and/or castle doctrine legislation, never see the wholesale slaughter always predicted by the Helmke's of the world. Lacking facts to support their position, they simply lie. In their bizarre world, presumption of innocence lies with an intruder who breaks in to your home. Presumption of guilt rests with the homeowner who defends himself, his family, and the content of his "castle".

Indignantly yours,

sissy

12. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

That is why you are hopefully shooting in the front ....

I do not keep a gun handy as with most armed citizens mine are in locked cases under the shooting bench.

Ronbo

13. spritc

spritc Active Member

Guns in locked cases will not save your life. Always have one ready in case the need arises and I pray the need never arises.

Steve

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Wisconsin, one of the remaining 2 states with no carry law, is not very proactive regarding this subject. Many violent crimes have been commited which never would have happened in the adjoining states.

they might as well pass out "Disarmed and Defenseless" stickers for people to put on their doors.

Not in my house. We have a significant increase in home intrusions in my neighborhood in the last year, and it's a good neighborhood. I just spoke to a man who woke u to see a young punk in his bedroom. He chased they guy through the yards in his shorts but never caught him.

In my house there would have been no chase. Just a need for a mop.

HM

15. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

"Castle Doctrine, as far as I know, still DOES NOT allow one to shoot an intruder in the back as he is leaving your home."

True. Fill in the blanks.

I shot the intruder in the back as he was advancing towards my wife/child/mother __________ with a __________knife/gun/screwdriver in his hand after I told him to stop.

Prove he was leaving now.

Jeff

16. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Jeff,

Police forensics have evolved to the point where that better really be the story, or you may have a problem. Especially if he is already outside your house.

Don't get me wrong, I agree if the guy is in your house he's already established he's a criminal, and a reasonable person should assume he's not going to do the "right thing" and decide not to harm the homeowner and/or family.

I just hope I'm never faced with this situation.

17. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Please don't call Paul Helmke an a-hole. An a-hole performs a useful function. He's more properly a hemorrhoid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.