1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cash for Stupidity

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GW22, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Your government just spent $1-Billion of your tax dollars doing THIS to roughly a quarter million cars. And they're about to spend another $2-Billion doing it to another half million cars.

So who's dumber -- them for doing it, or us for electing them?

-Gary

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Forgot to mention... Saturday a car salesman told me that the first three Cash-for-Clunkers deals they processed took 22 hours and generated a 3/4" thick stack of paperwork. The paperwork mentions, in three separate places, the importance of saving paper. Plus, the government website crashed on all three submissions.

Hey, I've got an idea... let's turn our healthcare over to these same people! Brilliant!

-Gary

3. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

GW22 we could be paying about three hundred dollars a meal for 175000 soldiers in Iraq instead of spending money at home to give the economy a jump start. How about that? We could continue to let those same people drive those gas guzzlers and use more millions of gallons of gas per day and buy more millinons of barrels of foreign oil per day how about that?

Oh I get it now you are complaining because the Democrats are trying to do something to change the economy around and you don't like that. You must be one of those toe tapping republicans who don't want any changes to the government we have watched put our country in the tank for the past eight years. Well you can suck eggs. I hope the program works and helathcare will work also when we get it. I can't wait for a change in the way healthcare is regulated. Dan

4. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

There is just too much government intervention into areas that should be left to free interprise to sort out.

5. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

Sounds like Dan has been sipping the kool-aid again while watching Keith Olbermann and or Rachel Maddow on MSNBC.. $300/meal and 175,000 troops......come to the light, Dan ---just follow the light…foresake the dark side.....Grubby

6. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

If Dan's grandchildren don't hate him now, they will in a few years.

Mark Rounds

7. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

Yep, danny, the demoncraps are doing somthing to the economy alright- bankrupting it. What are you liberals going to do when the world stops lending money for you to throw away? Eventually, the chickens will come home to roost.

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Dannyboy is not smart enough to find someone dumb enough to procreate with him,,,,he has been watching toooo much feel good tv and listening to moveone.org as his "news" source.....

9. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

This shouldnt even be called cash for clunkers. its just there way of getting trucks off the road. theres alot of clunkers that get over 20mpg. and we have oil in this country they refuse to use so quit complaining about foreign oil. Damn tree hugging democrats are ruining this country

10. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Dahaub- Contrary to your post the Republicans DO have a plan. Ease up on business' and let them make a profit and HIRE more workers to PAY more tax. I've NEVER known anyone ion the government tit start a business and generate payroll/personal tax. I haven't seen the first benefit of ANY program Pres. Obama has started, only empty promises and putting the bill to us and future generations. Why can't the Democrats just QUIT SPENDING MY MONEY? The current administration is trying to take this country down the WRONG road. I can't wait until the '10 elections. Pres. Obama is and will be the laughing stock of the world and a one term FAILURE.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

11. drh08

drh08 TS Member

Just had this conversation at lunch with a co-worker. He mentioned he was glad that poor deserving people were getting a break and purchasing new cars. It's much better than just handing money to corporations.

conversation then went:
    ME: Please give me 4.5K to go purchase a new car
    HIM: "I don't have that kind of money to give you"
    ME: " That's ok, go to the bank and get a loan to give me the money"
    HIM: "I am not going to do that, that is crazy!"
    ME: "That is what our government already did and you get to pay it later, its just like you going to the bank, getting the loan and paying it off so someone else can purchase a new car." "It's you who pay the 4500, back because the money was borrowed on your behalf to do it." "The cool part is you had no choice but to take the loan, at least with me I am giving you the option."

HIM: "Silence, I guess I hadn't thought of it that way"

12. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

I bet all those people that have traded for new Hummers, Suburbans and other gas hogs are laughing their ass off at the suckers that will have to pay for their trade-in.

13. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

drh08,,,,GREAT explaination,,,,spread the knowledge!!!!

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

swapping out paid for cars for new loans is going to help those poor cahs strapped bankers.

I think I should start a repo business. I should have become a mortgage broker when clinton cut loose the banks.

I will keep my clunker paid for truck.

HM

15. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I read 6 out of 10 trade in people are not buying Ford, GM, or Chrysler vehicles.

16. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I am still crying about the $10,000 in GM stock that they took from me and gave to the union........bullshit!!!!!!

tony

17. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

It should be noted that the deficit caused by 9/11 and the subsequent war spending was being reduced each year until the Democrats regained control of Congress in 2007 and created the 2008 deficit increase.

18. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I don't think the taxpayer (could be our children, grandchildren) should be paying for people to buy cars. It may not be the dumbest thing these Einsteins do but it is still dumb. Say we debt 2 more billion, then what? Are boats next? BT-100dc

19. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Dan:

I respect your right to disagree with me but there wasn't much substance to your reply. Let me get this straight -- You think the government spends $300 per meal, but you want them running healthcare? Does that make sense? What evidence can you cite which demonstrates that the federal government is capable of properly running healthcare? Have you looked at the waste and fraud associated with Medicare?

You facetiously said, "We could continue to let those same people drive those gas guzzlers..." the most telling part of which was your choice of the word "let." Have you forgotten that this is America? If an American can afford a Hummer and the gas necessary to fuel it, don't you think he has a right to own one? Is it the government's position to "let" us own things it deems acceptable? Is that what America means to you? Both Al Gore and John Kerry owned SUVs (even though they may have been registered in their wive's names) so shouldn't you be allowed to own one if you so choose? Al Gore's carbon footprint is in the highest 1% in the country, so should he and his ilk get to decide what car you and I get to drive? My father and his three brothers helped win WWII so that we could enjoy freedom, liberty and prosperity. You probably have relatives who helped too. Don't you want to preserve the freedoms and rights for which they fought so hard?

Put some thought into your viewpoints, Dan, and then let's have a civil discussion.

Respectfully,

Gary

20. crusha

crusha TS Member

Mark Circles,

I'd bet you're wrong about that...most children of brainwashed Union-believers come out pretty much the same. Haubster's grandkids will probably be either on the public tit or slinging hash at Denny's...as such, they will probably love what Obama did. Probably have a velvet tapestry of him hanging in the trailer...heck, they may even decide to squeeze him out some chocolate great-grandbabies in tribute (if they haven't already).

Generation after generation...this is where it comes from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.