1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

cases for extra barrels?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 2023maple, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2023maple

2023maple TS Member

I am looking for some sort of storage case or bag for an extra barrel. I shoot a Winchester Super x1 and have field and skeet barrels and would like to find something to protect the unused barrel. Any ideas? Thought about a gun sock but would prefer something with a little more protection.
    Thanks,
    Bryan

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Here's one that may work for you.

ss

3. redbone99

redbone99 Member

I would be careful about leaving barrels in a case or bag for storage. A lot of guns have gotten rusty from being left in the zippered gun cases.

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Here's another one that will also work.

ss

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

You might try the link above. I realize that the gun you own isn't a Perazzi but you were talking about protecting your second barrel.

This might do the trick.

Bob Lawless

6. smallgroups

smallgroups Member

Benchrest shooters sometimes use PVC pipe with caps. Glue a cap on one end and leave the other a "friction" fit. Just wrap the barrel in a towel and pad the ends of the tube with thick scrap rubber. If you give the pipe a light sanding on the end with the loose cap it will help getting it off when you want it.

7. Strait Shooter

Strait Shooter Member

Pool cue case [soft] works for me.

8. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I use arrow travel cases for my extra bbls. I rap the barrels in a siliconed towel and have never had a problem with rust.

Kip

9. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Americase makes barrel cases that are built the same as their premium shotgun cases. Barrel cases are not in the catalog, but if you call them they can fix you up. I friend that shoots sporting clays had them build one that carries just subgauge tubes and a carrier barrel. It is pretty slick.

10. Rebsmith

Rebsmith Member

Borestore makes barrel sleeves (bags) for extra barrels in various lengths. They're available from Brownell's.

Jere

11. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Mick has a new case line (his own) MarMic. Great quality at a fair price. These new cases are ever bit as nice and well built as the Warwick. Give Mick a call and tell him Ken told you to call.

1-877-962-6233 (toll free)

12. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

SKB makes a soft case with a extra compartment for a extra barrel. I use it rather than a hard case to take to shoots. Works for me. Post-2

13. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Colorado Custom Cases makes their gun cases by hand, one at a time and can custom design just about anything you can dream up.

14. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Strait shooter and I do much the same thing...I have a nice pool cue case that cost me all of 17 dollars...extra barrel for 1100 trap fits perfect and its velvet lined

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pvc pipe for winchester skeet shooter

soft gun case with extra barrel compartment