1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Case Shoot Bradford, PA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wdr-NY, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

I'm in Bradford, PA this weekend for the Case Cutlery ATA shoot at Bradford Gun Club in Bradford, PA.

The weather has been stunning the past two days. For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of shooting at Bradford--they have 8 traps for registered shoots and one practice trap. The shoots are very well run and they can put a lot of shooters through in one day.

I haven't attended the Zippo (the spring shoot) or the Case in almost ten years--attendance is down from the days when you either pre-squadded or you simply didn't shoot. The preliminary events yesterday drew a little of 100 shooters (I'm estimating here) and today, for the singles championship, I'm estimating there were 150+. Urb Womer took the singles crown with the lone 200. Chris Vendel broke 199 and my dad, Gerry Ostrander, ended up with a 198. I left before the final scores were all posted--but there were only 4 100's on the front side and I'm pretty sure I checked the other three before I headed out (I hope my dad bought me in the auction--which took place right after the singles were done).

My wife snapped a couple of photos today... I'm the one in the umbrella hat... I'll post the rest of my photos tomorrow after the Handicap Championship and the drive home.

All the best,

Walker

Chris Vendel, Gerry Ostrander, Walker Reynolds, Rob Bicksler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

I would like to give a quick shout out to the folks at Togi's Family Restaurant at 412 E. Main Street in Bradford--especially James. My wife and I ate there four times over three days and the food was incredible--at prices that just don't exist in upstate NY. I highly recommend the shrimp platter and the charbroiled steak hoagie.

If you're ever in Bradford, Togi's is an absolute must visit.

All the best,

Walker

3. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

I once used a Zippo lighter to set off some fireworks !

4. Beni

Beni Member

Hi Walker, did you shoot doubles yesterday,and was the first trap goofed up,I think I may have shot with you. I just joined ATA sat. at Bradford and that was my first registered shoot.The people and facility were great. By the way I started on post 5. good luck tomorrow. Joel

5. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

nice pictures Walker the wife snapped She caught me and the lilwoman in the last one you all shot well.

6. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

Beni,
    Yes, I did shoot doubles with you yesterday (well... I tried, anyway). I made sure to pull an even squad for doubles tomorrow. Newbie, it was a pleasure seeing you again. I really enjoy shooting Bradford and I'll be back in the Spring for sure.

As a side-note, the quality of talent that shows up at Bradford is pretty amazing. Brian Whalen, Chris Vendel, Doug Duncan, Steve Jennings and plenty others make the trek to this small, but beautiful, club in Northeast PA.

Great time,

Walker

7. bbqnic

bbqnic TS Member

i shot there alot last year but have not been able to recently and the bradford club and their members are some of the best people i have meet in a long time.i shot for the prized rubber chicken between the canada and usa team i sure hope we kicked their butt this year! go get em fellas

8. joannl030

joannl030 Member

Walker:
    How were the scores today? Have a safe trip home and look forward to seeing you next summer and reading your stories!
    It was very nice meeting your wife, too. I hope to see her out on the line soon.
    Jo Ann

9. BradfordGC

BradfordGC TS Member

ALL...Below is the press release for the Case Cutlery Shoot held at Bradford. Thanks for the kind comments...Pat

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    BRADFORD, PA

The Bradford Gun Club hosted the annual W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Co. registered trap shoot over the Labor Day weekend. This three day shooting event attracted 211 shooters from the NY, Ohio and PA area as well as shooters from as far as Casper, Wyoming, Odessa, Florida and Ontario, Canada. Sunny weather on Saturday and Sunday produced exceptionally high scores and Mondays occasional rain did nothing to dampen the shooters participation.

The high-over- all trophy on the 400 championship targets was claimed by Urban Womer of Skaneateles, NY. Womer shot a perfect 200 X 200 in the singles event, a 95 X 100 in the handicap and a 96 X 100 in the doubles leading to a total of 391 X 400. Three shooters tied for HOA runner-up with scores of 389 X 400. These shooters were, John Loveless Sr. of Hubbard, Ohio; Skip Klinger of Lebanon and David Reese of Geneva, Ohio.

In Saturday’s preliminary singles event, Jack Kostkas of Tidioute led all shooters with the lone perfect 100 X 100. Nine shooters tied with near perfect 99 X 100. These shooters were: Donald Bara of Wampam; Tim Herbstommer of Honeoye Falls, NY; Jerry Dunford of Oberlin, Ohio; Dan Petrovich of Canton, Ohio; Womer; Robert Johnston of Gasport, NY; Jeff Adams of Midland; Joseph Lee Staats of West Seneca, NY; and John Airhart of Northeast.

Three shooters tied in the Preliminary handicap event with scores of 97 X 100. These shooters were: Andy Forma of Elma, NY; Ray Nordin of Clarendon and Bara. Saturday’s preliminary doubles was led by Klinger with a 98 X 100. Coming in with a 97 X 100 to take the runner-up spot was Womer.

Sunday’s Championship singles event produced one perfect 200 X 200 which was recorded by Womer. There were four shooters tied with a 199 X 200. After a lengthy shoot off, Ray Lee of Odessa, FL claimed the Class AA trophy over Chris Vendel of Rochester, NY. Further score details on the Singles Championship are provided below.

The Championship Handicap and Doubles events were held on Monday. Matthew River of Natrona Heights led all shooters in the handicap event with an astonishing score of 99 X 100. Scores of 97 X 100 were recorded by Tim Youd of Indiana and Loveless. Klinger claimed the doubles crown with a 98 x 100. Joe Strucker of Rochester, NY and Reese were close on his heels with a 97 X 100. Additional details on the championship handicap and doubles follow.

On Sunday, September 20th, BGC will host the American Refining Group registered trap shoot. This will be the final registered trap shoot of the year. The office will open at 8 AM and the events will start at 9 AM. The first event will be singles followed by handicap and doubles will be last.

The Fall Ironman Shoot will be held on Sunday, October 4th. This unique event includes all four clay target formats offered at BGC. Shooters will fire at 25 skeet, 25 trap and 25 of 5 Stand targets, as well as 50 sporting clays targets for a total of 125 targets. The office will open at 9 AM and all entries will close at 1 PM. The kitchen will be open during these events as well as during normal operating hours which are 4 to 8 PM on Wednesday and 10 AM to 4 PM on Sundays. For more information on the above events as well as other activities at the BGC, please contact Mike Schuler at 598-2186.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bradford gun club bradford pa

bradford gun club pa

bradford pa gun shoot
chris from bradford pa ans ohio
gerry ostrander trap shoot

shootcace

trap shooting championship bradford pa
urb womer