1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Case hardening

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by englishupland, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. englishupland

englishupland Member

anyone know of a place that can case harden a receiver for looks and approx price??

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

'upland,

When Doug Braker(GunDr) gets back from his long awaited/delayed honeymoon he would be the man to talk to. Other posters have shown pictures of his work and I believe him to some of the best work around.

ec90t

3. mt

mt Member

I don't know much about this and i certainly wouldn't want to guide you away from the gundr but....i was looking at the website of the shop thats helping out with the Andy's disaster...it looks like they do case hardenning as well. www.cnygunworks.com.

4. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

giacomo's will case harden at around 300 (I think)
    http://www.giacomosporting.com/

5. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Giacomo did a couple of old LC Smiths for me a couple of years ago. I don't remember the cost but the finished product was excellent.

Ed Yanchok

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Doug Turnbull Restorations. Jeff

7. JEB

JEB Active Member

Diamond Gunsmithing --Les Hovencamp-- just did a beautiful case hardening job for me on an old Ithaca 5E SBT. Very reasonable too: case hardening, rebluing and a front sight for around $450. Their address is 211 Dey Street, Ithaca NY 14850, 607-272-4510. Diamondgunsmithing.com.

John Bergman

8. LOWGUN

LOWGUN TS Member

Briley did my Parker. Great job. Mike

9. 682b

682b Member

KEN HURST says "I have been engraving firearms for 48 years, was custom shop master for Colt and Win. I have used most all offering the service and feel that Classic Guns Inc. 708-946-6141 -- ask for John Gillette offers the best work and price. Average del time for a pre polished and dissambled action is about a week. They also give it three coats of a special baked on varnish . They also offer the fines true original Carbonia blue as well as a fine grained rust blue" Ken Hurst-
    For me that says it all. JIM

10. Jaxshooter

Jaxshooter Active Member

Doug Turnbul (sp?) who does first generation Colt restorations is one of the best at case hardening. Beautiful colors and top quality work. Not cheap.

11. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I haven't taken off yet, but will be in the morning. Case color hardening I do not do. Those that I had done went to Doug Turnbull. He's a little expensive.

I've heard mostly positive comments of some of the others posted above. I would hesitate to give then a try.

Doug Braker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.