1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

case colour k 32

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smac, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smac

smac Member

Hi I am looking at building up a K-32 standard and i was thinking about having it case coloured has anyone ever tried this and who did they get to do the work ? Would it be possible to get a K-32 done in colour case hardening or would the heat involved be to much ? Would it be possible to post a picture of one so i can get an idea of how they would turn out. Thanks Scott

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

It can be done

cynanide gives just a brown and black- lower heat

Bone(or similar media) in an oven- higher temp and potentially(or not) bright blues- yellows blues, red orange and browns

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Master Gunsmith Ed "THE TORCH" Lander is your man! If he can't ruin your gun with his exquisite Acetylene torch work, no one can. On second thought, he may be tied up, though, and you might want to contact John Allem.

http://www.allemsguncraft.com/

best...mike

4. Diamond Bruce

Diamond Bruce Member

Talk to Rick Stover at the Cowboy way. 1-810-245-7040. He does the colors with bone and charcole. Very nice work.

5. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

It is not a model 32 but this is how mine turned out.

ernie

6. skeetking

skeetking Banned User Banned

Doug Turnbull does beautiful case coloring. Once you see his work; you'll stop your search. Also; I don't think you can get cyanide coloring done here in the states anymore due EPA restrictions. Good luck, Larry

7. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Turnbull. Pricy but good. Considering that case color K's now is a $4000 option. At least that is what I was told by a respected,large dealer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.