1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Case Coloring question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lefthdr, Jul 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lefthdr

lefthdr Member

I have an old Ithaca SXS that has lost it's color. Can it be colored again? Any recommendations as to who might do this is appreciated.

Doug

2. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

I would check with Turnbull Manufacturing....

Doug Turnbull and crew are probably one of the best in the business for this art of case hardening.

I believe somewhere in their web site thay have prices for different work to be done.

www.turnbullmfg.com/

Dave in SC

3. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

[​IMG]

how does this look ?

ernie

4. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

5. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

For what it's worth,you could try Diamond gunsmithing,in Ithaca n.y. #607-273-4510, or do a serch for there web site..Ray

6. wm rike

wm rike Member

If you want good case colors, there are a handful of people out there that do good work and manay of them are very reasonable. If you want authentic Ithaca colors and can stand the cost, I would use Turnbull.

7. rad 53

rad 53 Member

True understated class Ernie! So who did the colour hardening AND, who did the set back trigger? Regards,Donald.

8. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

After it is done, I would have it "varnished" with Gunloc to preserve the colors.

9. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

Thanks Donald

Dan with Giacomo did both. My length of pull was ok but my grip length was to long so dan did the trigger and it fits great !

dan also custom made a similar trigger for my mx12 as i believe perazzi does not make a setback trigger for the non removable trigger models ?

ernie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.