1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Casa Grande in AZ is it a good place to shoot?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RHAT, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHAT

RHAT Member

Several of my freinds and I are thinking of making a trip from TX to shoot some of the winter chain in AZ. I see that Casa Grande is having a shoot 1/25-2/6,. I have never ben to this club, can any shooters out there that have ben there give me their thoughts???

2. gordy h

gordy h Member

I also am looking for the same info, thinking about comeing down from Wi.
    Butch H

3. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Picture a very modest club in the middle of sand hills (mountains) and cactus where you shoot east and where the wind usually blows and you have Casa Grande. I did have the best Handicap of my last year there however (97) and won the pot. So I guess it's a great spot. Glenn

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have not been out there since the new owners have taken over but it was always a good club to shoot at, the targets could be rather challenging if the wind was blowing in the right direction ... I guess thats pretty much the same at all clubs though ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. d endicott

d endicott Member

they have real low power for your RV if at the big shoot....Really dusty also.

6. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

Casa Grande is a Great place to shoot, The people are very pleasant and the targets are generally easy to see, it's easy to locate, and the surrounding area is very Sonoran. The only complaint I have ever heard is that they shoot "quick 50's" thats where you take 2 boxes of shells to the line and run through 2 rounds 5 to a post with no break, although I don't mind it, there are some Shooters that can not shoot 2 rounds in a row with out that little break in between due to health reasons, I personally know a couple shooters that like the facility but dont go because of the quick 50 format.

Mark Williams

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The green targets were a hoot. I like the place a lot. If you want nearby shopping malls or restaurants don't bother, this is a place to shoot. You can get a lot of targets there.

Last time I was there I bought Harvey in the Calcutta and got a few bucks back.

Neil Winston has his name on the wall, too. I will go back again some day.

HM

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Good ol' dusty southwest trap club and like any layout facing east. Tough AM - later, good.

9. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

We wre there last febuary for a month ,,We enjoyed our stay,, met some really nice folks ,,The owners are fixing the place up ,We are scheduled for the month of Feb. again ,Don't know if we'll get to go ,,My mother-in-law is under going radiation ,Ellen wants to wait and see how that goes first ,Mx8Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.