1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Carter on Gingrich

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mrskeet410, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Gingrich seems to know that he will not be the Republican candidate for president, but he seems intent on poisoning the Republican well. I used to like Gingrich. I don't like the Gingrich I've seen the last two weeks. Perry has his own poison too.

There is not very much Jimmy Carter says that I agree with, but I agree with this:

'Former President Jimmy Carter says Newt Gingrich knows exactly what he is doing when he uses phrases like "food stamp president" and talks about the poor learning a work ethic. Carter says this rhetoric is "appealing to the wrong element in South Carolina."

"Newt Gingrich is probably as enlightened as I am about being gratified that we’re in the desegregation years in the South," Carter said to CNN's Piers Morgan.

"When you emphasize, over and over, welfare, food stamps, and ‘Why don’t the black people get jobs," and if I’m president, I’ll make sure they turn toward a work ethic, rather than an ethic of welfare and food stamps, that’s appealing to the wrong element in South Carolina," the former President said on CNN."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/01/18/jimmy_carter_gingrich_has_that_subtlety_of_racism.html

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Ex Prez Carter will say anything to keep Gingrich out of his all white gun club!

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    LOL Mrs No Credibility cites Mr. No Credibility.

4. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Keet/Carter- what's the difference?

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

John,,,,don't birds of a feather....

6. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Does Jimmy Carter belong to that all white trap club? Charlie

7. Brian in Oregon

Weasels of a feather weasel together.

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

I think Jimmy C. needs to get a job...nailing a new roof on that whites-only gun club Mrs. Keet is talking about.

9. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

He appeals to me and I'm not a racist. He's right. Black Americans need to admit there is a cultural problem on the rise. More than 40% of those on food stamps and federal aid are Black yet Blacks make up less than 18% of the total population. This is an issue....as is single white motherhood and juvenile crime of any color.

10. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

and you're citing the lamest duck on the pond?

Carter can't find his own ass with a hand full of search warrants!

and you find him credible?? He's nothing but a wrinkled up ol' goober farmer.

11. Brian in Oregon

LOL daddiooo.

I remember when a newspaper had a political cartoon showing Carter flying over Mt. St. Helens to observe the damage. It was captioned, "Fly closer. The President can't find the ash from the hole in the ground."

12. cnsane

cnsane Member

Could you substitute the phrase 'working taxpayer' for 'wrong element'?

13. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

There once was a man(?) used the name of "KEET"

He said he liked to shoot skeet.

We all knew better cause of his many, many, too many a letter.

Hardly ever a posting bout shootin, only political root-toot-tootin.

Loved to stir the pot to get all us shooters hot.

The winter's long, so we'll await Keet's souring song

Of lifting the likes of Bama, Clinton, Carter and maybe even King Kong.

Oh well, I could go on and on and on , but then that might be considered stirring the pot, and that I don't want to do.

14. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

funny paublo !!!!

My most favorite memory of Jimbo Carter is when he fought off the killer rabbit which attacked him. What a man.

15. Ms Trapshooter

Ms Trapshooter Member

And you guys do know your butts from a holes in the ground? If people can't make a reasonable argument, they usually resort to the logical fallacy of name calling.

16. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Proof that peanuts rot your brain

17. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

mrskeet410 must be the only one in the whole country who gives a $hit what Jimmy Carter thinks about ANYTHING??

18. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Gingrich NEVER said anything about blacks or other minorities on food stamps. It was the liberals that ASSUMED Newt was talking about blacks. Just shows you who the real racists are to assume the blacks make up the majority.

19. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Carter was the worst president in modern history, now he has made another milestone the worst ex-president in history. I'm not sure he hasn't done more damage as ex-president, he's trying.

20. unplugged

unplugged Active Member

As most already know all about Carter!
    For those that do not you might do a search on BCCI bank!
    As it was BCCI planes that Carter used for years and as a President claimed he "knew nothing".
    The short story is BCCI was a Drug laundring bank that kept three sets of books and was under investigation by OUR JUSTICE dept. even while Carter was President! Yet he contiuned to use their plane and resources for his wants!!
    When the whole thing went south Carter layed low for several years as his connection to the bank was well known!! He is far from "clean" goober farmer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.