1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Carroll County Gun club - Free State Open

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smp005, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smp005

smp005 Member

Does anyone know the what shoot schedule is for the Free State Open this coming weekend at Carroll County Gun club in Eldersburg, Md?

Scott

2. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Saturday - 200 singles, 100 handicap
    Sunday - 100 singles, 100 handicap, and 100 doubles

3. smp005

smp005 Member

What time does the club open? What time do singles start?

Sorry about all the questions but the website doesn't have any event info...

Thanks!!!

Scott

4. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Well the club opens around 8, but most people wont be getting there until 10 or later. singles will most likely start around 9 or 930 and progresses from there. Great club and the shoot is always run very well. Hope to see you there sunday. Osker Reynolds

5. canyonman

canyonman Member

Scott, According to the state shoot book, the shoot will start at at 10am and entries will close at noon on both days. Bill

6. smp005

smp005 Member

Thanks guys!

My son and I will be there! In a way it is sort of a homecoming... I lived in Sykesville / Barret - on Streaker Rd as a young boy and haven't been back in years.. My uncle founded and owned Dixon Flowers in Eldersburg and was a member of CCGC many years ago.

My father remembers shooting there as a young man - 1950s. My family lives in Gettysburg, Pa now so we decided to forgo the Mid-American at Middletown, OH this year and come shoot the Free State Open and visit family..

I will have to look up the Md State Shoot book..

7. Too Tall

Too Tall TS Member

Osker, I think the reason most people arrive at about 10a is because I've been told by a shooter who shoots at PGTS and helps run the shootg at Carroll County told that early you'll be shooting into the sun. And since this weekend is supposed to be nice and sunny it might be true. I'll probably be there on Sunday. BTW, does "Tuscarora99" mean you shoot at Tuscarora too. I was there Sunday.

Robert Houston

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.