1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Carlson's Choke installation

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ipscmaster, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ipscmaster

ipscmaster Member

Carlson

If anyone has experience with Carlson choke's and installation process, I sure would like some feedback. They seem to be a very good and straight up company. Their prices seem to be somewhat less than others and was just wondering how they stackup with the others. Thanks,
    Bill

2. G-12

G-12 TS Member

They did some work for me and the choke installation was first rate. It was
    also less expensive than some and the turn around time was quicker than most.
    I plan to use their services again! Ben

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

never had an issue with them. as good as my briley's.

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Best patterns out of any tubes I've ever owned. And when you call them you can talk to Scott Carlson or his dad. Customer service is a priority.

Wayne

5. Slugo

Slugo Member

just as good as Briley IMHO. I now use them exclusively. Great people to do business with...

6. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Only used them in my hunting guns but worked fine.

7. yzfart

yzfart TS Member

I have a full set of extended tubes (skeet to full) for my sporting gun. They work great. What I like is that they still have a 4 prong choke wrench interface so you can tighten them up properly if you want to. They are also made of 17-4 stainless steel and say they can be used with steel shot (I have never tried this). Nice clean knurling, nice finish overall (body and bore), threads are beautiful and laser markings easy to see. Pattern very well for me.

Ben

8. twotimer

twotimer Member

I have a full set for my A10 American and sets for two trap guns. They are good chokes and what others have said, good customer service. Mike

9. open choke

open choke TS Member

I bought my chokes from them.

Good service, very knowledgeable for questions, and fast shipping

10. Len in Phoenix

Len in Phoenix TS Member

I'm very pleased with the set of Carlson tubes that I have. I had a set installed in my son's Citori about 5 years ago. Here are the write ups I did at the time:

http://www.one-in-a-row.blogspot.com/2006/07/carlsons-choke-tubes-part-1.html

http://www.one-in-a-row.blogspot.com/2006/07/speedy-service.html

http://www.one-in-a-row.blogspot.com/2006/08/carlsons-choke-tubespatterning.html

Remember that the prices are 5 years out of date.....

Hope this helps.

Len in PHoenix

11. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

They've done several barrels for me. Excellent work, good prices, and quick turn-around.

12. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

The only experience I have with them is 2 rifled chokes for my grandson's shotguns. The chokes we have are nothing short of excellent, and delivery was better than most.

We have a 20 ga. RemChoke and a 12 ga. Inv+, both these chokes are shooting 2MOA @ 100. I couldn't be happier, and the boys filled the freezer with venison this year. Big smiles all around.

IMO,
    Kip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.