1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Carlson Extended Choke Tubes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bilm67, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bilm67

bilm67 TS Member

I just bought my first Browning and I need some choke tubes. I can get the Carlson's extended choke tubes for a decent price. Does anyone have any experience with these and how do they compare to Briley's or Factory Browning Midas tubes?

Thanks

Bill

2. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

I like the Colonial Arms sporting clays tubes. They are nicely finished and priced right. http://www.colonialarms.com/catalog.html

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Another vote for Carlson's

4. jrb100

jrb100 Active Member

I just got mine today for my beretta.34.50 plus shipping total: 41.00. I also had one in my browning o/u inv.plus and have not found a choke any better.I use Imp. mod. in the browning. Carlson's # is 785-626-3700.

good luck,
    joe

5. bilm67

bilm67 TS Member

I have an account with Brownell's and can get either the Briley, Carlson or Colonial at a good price. The Carlson Sporting Clay tube looks just about like the Briley X-2 tubes, but the Briley costs a bit more. The colonials are a little cheaper yet, but they just have the narrow knurled end. I am really leaning towards the Carlson's as the look like a good tube at a reasonable price. How does that choke compare to the Briley x-2? I know I am getting pretty specific, but the two tubes look just about identical. I am just wondering if the Briley's a significantly better or you're just paying for the name?

6. ismah

ismah Active Member

I compared the carlson extended tube with my standard Remington choke tube and they patterned the same.

7. BamBam2K

BamBam2K Member

Bill.....I've got a BRAND NEW set of 5 Puregold choke tubes for sale. They are for Browning Invector Plus. They are ported and extended about 1.75 inches. The set includes 1 each of SKT, IMP.CYL., LT.MOD, MOD, and LT.FULL. They come in a nice plastic case and has the wire brush cleaning tool with it. As I mentioned these are BRAND NEW chokes, never installed in a gun ! You can see them at www.gameacc.net. If you go to their website you'll see that they want $299.00 for the 5 choke set that i have. I'll sell these for $175.00 shipped. Email me at the address above if you have any intrest. Thanx.........Perry

8. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Another happy Carlson customer here. They installed their tubes in my LT-20 and the Starlings hate it. Great workmanship and price.

9. Golani

Golani TS Member

I own Wrights, Briley and Carlson Invector Plus choke tubes. In my opinion the Carlson tubes are the best of the lot. Great service and an excellent product.

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Carlson, or go straight to TruChoke

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
are carlson choke tubes any good
are carlsons chokes good

briley vs carlson chokes

browning midas choke tube vs carlson

carlson chokes vs briley

carlson or briley choke tubes