1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Carlson Chokes-%10 off with coupon code!

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by JoeBobOutfitters, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeBobOutfitters

JoeBobOutfitters TS Member

0   0   0

You can purchase the Carlson tubes here: http://www.JoeBobOutfitters.com

All orders from JoeBobOutfitters qualify for a FREE tshirt you can find here:

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=JBT

Enter coupon code "TRAP" for 10% off ALL Carlson choke tubes and accessories at JoeBobOutfitters.

Orders $90+ ship free USPS Priority or UPS Ground with tracking. Email for higher discounts for large quantity ordering for youth shooters.

2. JAF1680

JAF1680 TS Member

0   0   0

I purchased choke tubes from this website after seeing the post on this site. The shipping was very fast! I got exactly what I ordered at a great deal.

Thanks

3. warrior 2210

warrior 2210 TS Member

0   0   0

Fast shipping and great products.

4. JoeBobOutfitters

0   0   0

We now have 12ga Remington Sporting Clays Extended tubes in stock as well as 12ga SKB Extended tubes!

We also just got in stock 20gauge Browning Invector Plus and 20gauge Beretta/Benelli!

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/category_s/55.htm

All items are in-stock and ship same day if ordered by ~3PM central time.

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Bit of a problem with this outfit. The Carlson choke tube wrench I purchased will not fit into the full choke tube in my gun. The rubber insert will not physically go into the choke tube opening. The choke tube wrench was supposed to be freight free, yet I was charged an additional $6.00 for shipping and never did get my 10% discount??? What's up with that??....... Dan Thome (Trap2)

6. JoeBobOutfitters

0   0   0

Have you "unscrewed" the choke tube wrench back a ways to allow the rubber to unswell? What choke tube manufacturer is it? This choke tube wrench is DESIGNED to swell when tightened down. It is universal and should work in ANY tube. Turn the black knob on top counter clockwise a ways and it should slide in any tube without an issue. Once inserted, tighten the top black knob a good ways and the black part will swell to be very tight inside the tube, and then you can rotate the handle and unscrew the tube with ease.

Only orders $90+ receive free freight. If we gave free freight on a choke tube wrench only, I would honestly lose money with the markup I have. IF I charged full-markup then that might be different.

Please refer to the first post:

"Enter coupon code "TRAP" for 10% off ALL Carlson choke tubes and accessories at JoeBobOutfitters.

Orders $90+ ship free USPS Priority or UPS Ground with tracking. Email for higher discounts for large quantity ordering for youth shooters."

Customers must enter the coupon code "TRAP" for 10% off. Due to Minimum Advertised Price restrictions I cannot advertise any lower than what you see on the website, but I can offer coupon codes. If it was a face to face sale it is a bit different, as it is never published or advertised on the web. For instance, I saw Carlson Chokes for sale at a vendor at the Missouri State Trap shoot this weekend selling tubes for MUCH lower than MAP.

All orders ship free if $90+. This is chokes, wrenches, scopes, magazines, you name it. We also give retroactive discounts with coupon codes if a customer contacts us soon after ordering to mention they forgot it. It costs us $$$ every time we receive a payment or even refund, so if we refunded every customer a rhetorical $2 that discount would cost us $2.50, so it is much easier if the customer applies coupons at time of checkout.

7. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I understand very well how the wrench works, and, yes, I have unscrewed it until the handle actually falls off and it still won't fit into a factory Perazzi #8 choke, nor will it fit in a Wrights #9 choke. (.032" and .036" respectively in a .724" bore) I have owned one of these wrenches in the past so, trust me, I understand how they function. This one does not work as advertised. When I bought the wrench, there was a note that stated that "This item qualifies for free shipping" which has subsequently been eliminated. It is not my intent to run down your company, and forgive me if it seems that way to you. All I'm saying is I did not get what I ordered as it was offered to me. This choke tube wrench should fit any 12ga. choke tube and it does not........ Dan Thome (Trap2)

8. JoeBobOutfitters

0   0   0

To your original issue:

It sounds like the rubber pieces' OD is out of spec compared to normal. I'd call up Scott Carlson at Carlson Chokes-785.626.3700. They're located in a small town not far from where I operate, and they'll take good care of you and should get you a new one or replacement piece ASAP. I am not the manufacturer of Carlson, nor have you tried to contact me prior to posting on the web about problems.

Generally customer service issues are best worked out through a phone call or email to the place of business you ordered a product from, rather than posting on the WWW trying to call out a business. If a company doesn't make issues right in your mind after going through the proper channels, then by all means, post away. Flaming on a forum doesn't get much accomplished.

All items within our cart currently qualify for free shipping, if the minimum $$$ amount applies. I can see how that would be confusing, so I tried disabling the icons to clear up any confusion. Unfortunately this icon needs to be enabled on all items which qualify for free shipping to have that shipping option, so, we just updated our logo to make it explain the "free shipping" statement. If you click the "free shipping logo" here is what it says:

"FREE SHIPPING!
    on orders of $90 or more

Simply look for the logo to enjoy free shipping on selected items throughout the store. If the items in your order which qualify for 'Free Shipping' total $90 or more, your order ships FREE! "

We'll create a logo to say this in a nutshell at a glance rather than through a click. This was never meant to be deceiving, whatsoever.

ALL coupon codes are entered when you view your cart. From there you will see your prices of items, any coupons applied, final price, and shipping options. You will see $6 USPS Priority shipping options plus express options if your order does not qualify for free shipping. If free shipping applies, you'll see "Free Shipping-Ground or Priority". Some orders, primarily choke tubes we ship USPS priority, and heavier orders like scopes we ship via UPS.

There are no hidden shipping fees. It shows "USPS Priority $6.00" on your shopping cart page, and as you go into the checkout it shows your itemized invoice showing subtotal, shipping costs, and total.

If there was any concerns with discounts all one needs to do is ask. Discounts don't come automatically, otherwise it wouldn't be considered a coupon and I'd be in violation of MAP. I've refunded countless customers who remembered a discount after ordering. I'm a firm believer in customer service and satisfaction in all my businesses which I operate. Without customers a business is just a money pit. I'd prefer not to have a money pit ;). I generally email late into the night if needed for customers, and on weekends, and on the road when I'm traveling to a shoot through my Blackberry, so generally within a few hours you'll have a return email, regardless of when its sent.

Call up Carlson, and get your choke tube wrench taken care of. I'm sure they'll send one right your way same day. They're very quick on shipping even if I need to order 50 of em. I'm sorry you didn't realize shipping wasn't FREE for a $23 order but it shows this specifically on the cart, as you checkout/pay, and on your invoice. Coupons also need to be entered manually to work. I have no problem retroactively applying a credit to a card, but you must request it. Feel free to email us your request and I'd be happy to give you your %10 discount. It generally takes a few business days to show up as a credit on the card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
carlson choke coupon code
carlson choke tube coupon code

carlson choke tube coupon codes

carlson choke tube discount code
carlson choke tubes coupon
carlson chokes coupon codes
carlsons choke tubes coupon
carlsons chokes coupon code