1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

? Carla on Leo's 1100

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapwife, Dec 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Leo is duck hunting today, but I will ask when he gets home. He had several 1100's and robbed parts to keep one shooting at all times. I'm guessing, but with the exception of maybe a different recoil pad, the guns were pretty much "out of the box". He shot these guns before I came into his life. After I came along, he up-graded to shooting Berettas. You might say he upgraded in more ways than one, at least that's what I'm gonna tell him.

2. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Karla, you might want to point out the fact that Leo also used customized moleskin on the stocks :-}

3. trapwife

Hey Martin, I'll be calling you soon, yes, they fixed the string from my tin can to yours....I thought maybe you might see this question and you would know as well as Leo what he had. He left Friday for duck camp and the hunting was kind of slow over the weekend, but the weather is changing so he stayed over hoping to see some birds today.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

"After I came along, he up-graded to shooting Berettas. You might say he upgraded in more ways than one, at least that's what I'm gonna tell him."

You sound like my Wife!! When I got my Perazzi, She decided she needed the diamond ring she had never gotten. So, after 35 years of marriage, she kid's people that I got the Perazzi, but she's got the Krieghoff on her finger!!!

Jim Chapman

Hell, Michigan

5. trapwife

Jim, when Leo and I decided to get married in 1996, I didn't get an engagement ring, I got a new home built to suit me. I still don't wear any big diamonds, but that's OK, I'm pretty spoiled in so many other ways.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Seems to me that way back in the late 70's or early 80's when I watched Leo a shoot at a couple Michigan, Indiana shoots, the 1100 had a Anton stock and a high rib??

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I remember reading in T&F, someone asked him that question about his 1100 if he'd made any changes. Leo said he added this stick-on American flag to his stock!! :) Hap

8. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

I remember all his guns being stolen at the Grand one year along with his van. Quite a scene at the thief's motel, as I hear it. Jimmy Borum

9. Robb

Robb Member

I'd like to hear that story.

10. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Jimmy, I wouldn't mind hearing that story again myself. It might even call for insuance of a new dark blue hat to that special someone. What a butthead.LOL

As for Leo's 1100's, that I can recall, one had an implement sticker on it and other than that they were all stock. No special barrel work was ever done. Oh there was the occasional cleaning of his doubles one after the darn thing wouldn't function any longer and he got tired of slapping the bolt shut on the second shell...

11. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Plain Jane 1100's, the one for doubles had a 1/4" shorter stock on it. At least that is what he told us in 1978 at the Grand. LOL

Ripped tee shirt where the recoil pad wore a hole in it. Shells stuck in his pockets. Three of us were sitting next to one of the shoot off traps one evening at Vandalia. Leo was hitting them pretty good with that 1100 from the 16. As it got a little darker, my buddy said "lets see how he does now that the light is getting a little worse."

He hit them HARDER. LOL

Since we are asking questions, who was "Katie's Wrecking Crew"?

Tom(AJ100)

12. trapwife

I'm not telling that "stolen van" story ever again...think I will save that for the book deal. No, there really isn't a book deal.....I do remember the time I took Leo's gun to the mall with me one morning at the Grand in Vandalia. I realized what I had and got back to the grounds before he even realized it was gone. Can't say the same for the day I used Mike Hampton's truck during the Grand at Sparta this year. His gun was also in the back and I got a call, paging me at WalMart to get it back to him ASAP. Depsite the evidence, I am not a habitual thief....

13. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

It seems that Iam starting to remember some of the graphics of the story jimmy mentions above. If it becomes complete, maybe I can relay the memories :)

Katie's Wrecking Crew= Leo, Dysinger, Kathy, McCorkle and Hans Schmidt, I believe.

14. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Pheasant, you Sir ARE the master.

Thanks,

Tom(AJ100)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.