1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cargo Caddy

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ke4yyd, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

Anybody use this product. Comments.

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0017996521192a.shtml

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Pic of the product. And nope, I don't have one.

3. jbshep

jbshep Member

Used one in my 2-door Tahoe for years; no complaints; rugged and worked fine, even with heavy weight on top. Have to take out the spare, if it is mounted inside. I thought it was a quality product. Now I have a pickup with a DU-HA box under the rear seat; it's great!- Brad

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

I have one in my 99 Suburban. It is the medium size ~47W x 33D x 9T so I didn't have to remove the third seat. It works fairly well for placing the usual range clutter IE: glasses, hull bags, shooting belt with bags etc out of the way. Without slides it can be a pain if you put too much heavy stuff in it and IMHO it should be about 2 inches taller. I can and have put both my Beretta combo and Ljutic 2 barrel set (in the hard cases) inside the drawer when we had several shooters riding together but that takes up just about all the room so the clutter must come out.
    Fro strength the drawer side roll in at the top a fairly large amount and thr bottom of the drawer has rounded corners so you may need to juggle large objects to get them in. With my two hard cases I must put the first in and push it all the way to the back then I rest the next case on it and tilt the front down and in and then it will just drop in in the back.
    I am talking to a couple custom cabinet makers about building a full size unit 47W x 55L x 11T (I don't really need the third seat anyway)
    --- Chip King ---

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I have the 2 smaller drawers. 1 for guns, one for shells, shock collars,and dog stuff. Works great, except my kennel will not fit between the drawers and my cap. The setter and wirehair like the backseat better anyway.

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Isnt there someone that posts here that is a dealer ?

regards from Iowa

Gene

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I built a cargo box for my '04 Explorer that cost less than $40 in material and was made over one weekend. Using (1) 1x6 and (1) 2x6 and (1) sheet of 1/2 plywood and a couple yards of exterior grade carpet, it has a hinged trap door to hold accessories, shells plus 2 compartments that can hold Americase, Browning case or others or an extra couple cases of shells.

Easy enough to adapt to just about any vehicle,

Jay Spitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.