1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??Carey Comb for 870

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jm1079, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

May I ask if anyone knows anything about the "Carey Comb" stock for a Remington 870? Thanks. JM

2. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Abstract

A firearm employs a gun recoil apparatus wherein the comb portion of the stock is fixed relative to a butt end plate. The stock includes a base portion movable with respect to the comb portion. The base portion has at least one guide bore therein which extends longitudinally with respect to the base portion. The butt end plate includes at least one guide rod affixed thereto which is received and slidable within the guide bore. Means are included for fixedly securing the comb portion of the stock to the guide rod whereby the base portion can, upon firing, move relative to the comb portion and butt end plate. Means are provided for adjusting the height of the comb portion above the base portion.

3. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

That was quick. Sounds like it has the same concept as SoftTouch and Shockmaster where the gun recoils under the comb

Would anybody know what this would be worth? Thanks. JM

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Jim, I have two of the Carey stocks, one for my TM-1 I shot for about 25 years or so and an another for my P MX-3 Special. As with most sliding comb stocks, keep the pad somewhat centered on the shoulder pocket and they work great for reducing felt recoil! My original for my TM cost me about $650 new. The MX was used and I think I paid about $550 or so for that one.

There's two guide pins for keeping the alignment centered and springs of various weight when the hydraulic cylinder is activated in the center of the pad.

If you can make this stock fit you I say it's good stock to work with? If it was built with some off the wall measurements, you might never get it to fit you? If it has an adjustable pad on the back, that's a plus because the rear of the comb won't move to the right or left, only the front is adjustable.

The height is adjustable on both ends though.

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

carey comb

remington 870 adjustable comb stock