1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CAREY CLOSER FOR BERETTA 391

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FranzSodia, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FranzSodia

FranzSodia TS Member

Hello, had anyone had any good or bad experiences with the Carey Closer for the Beretta 391's. I was informed that they attach with two sided tape. Does that marr the finish of the gun in anyway? Also, does the shell deflector work well? Any information would be helpful. Thanks, John Ertel

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The Carey deflector is worse than useless. One shell will get knocked down, the next one misses the deflector entirely and the third one gets kicked back into the chamber and jams the gun. (though not necessarily in that order)
    The ONLY shell catcher you should get is the T & S. It is simple, easy to take on and off, and works everytime. T & S has one now with a little tab that fits over the bolt release button and makes it a little easier to close the action. However, it's not as good as the Briley, Angleport, and Pure Gold closers.

3. cleboje

cleboje Member

Briley speed bolt closer is a great addition to the beretta auto's...I have 'em on my 303, 390 and 391 and they are, as my kids say, the BOMB!

Joe

4. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

My T&S Shell Catcher works flawlessly. Even if it slides alittle forward or backwards on the reciever it has not effects. Highly recomend it.

5. Loyac

Loyac Member

Briley Bolt Closer and the T&S shell catcher. John

6. FranzSodia

FranzSodia TS Member

dick, Dave, Spanky, john and cleboje, thanks for the advice. I will look into the Briley, Angleport and Pure Gold. I already have a T&S shell catcher, was just looking for something making it easier to close. John E.

7. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

just got my new TandS shell catcher with a built in bolt closer for my 391. works like a dream and all for $16.96 plus postage. jm

8. ec90t

ec90t Guest

John,

The Angleport closer is by far and away the best closer out there. It is a little more expensive, but worth it.

If you want to shoot doubles, just have Tron put one of his spot welds on your barrel. This will drop the empties at your feet instead of the shooter to the right's feet.

ec90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bolt closer berretta 303
bolt release button for beretta 390 will not operate
carey claser shell catcher

carey closer

carey closer beretta

carey closer for beretta

carey closure shell deflector

pictures of carey closers