1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Carey Closer for an A300?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by timb99, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine over here in South Africa shoots ATA and DTL with a Beretta A300.

He asked me to look into the best way to deflect shells for this gun. Can't use a T&S because DTL allows a second shot.

The Care Closer on Gamaliel's web site says it won't work on a 301 or a 303, but I'm not sure about a 300.

Any suggestions?

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The Carey deflector is different from the Carey closer, though they do sell a package that includes a closer, shell catcher, and deflector. The deflector is
    what you're talking about, and I will tell you that it doesn't work on any gun,
    300,303,390,391 etc. Most of the time the shell will either miss the deflector, or hit it and bounce back into the chamber. Some people have had luck with
    welding a small button onto the barrel, but that has to be tuned to the shell
    you're using.

Shooting lighter shells helps. On newer 300 series, you can actually slow down the bolt speed to where shells aren't ejected as hard, but that sometimes causes
    recycling problems. Give up the idea of the Carey. If they worked, everyone would be using one, and the fact is that no one uses them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta a300 shell deflector
carrie closer for beratta shotgun

shell catcher for beretta a300

shell deflector for beretta 301
shotgun shell catcher a300
shotgun shell catcher beretta a300
shotgun shell catcher for beretta a300
t&s shell catcher for beretta a300