1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Career Completed

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ronbo142, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Career Completed (R.L. Jack Parks)

For those of you who had the pleasure of shooting with him Robert Leslie "Jack" Parks USMC-Ret passed away yesterday after a long illness. Jack was a Marine Corps shooting legend a distinguished shooter with the pistol and rifle not to mention a superb sportsman and shotgun shooter. Jack took me under his wing when I was stationed at Camp Lejeune and allowed me the opportunity to travel with him to the World Skeet Championships in 1992 (last year at Savannah). One of my fondest memories of Jack was how he could handle a sling shot! Unbelievable hand and eye coordination into his late 70’s He was a true Marine and Gentleman.

Semper Fi Jack!

Ronald Ausman
    USMC Retired

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Ron, I'm sorry that you lost your shooting mentor. I'm sure he was just as happy to watch you grow in the sport as you were to be under his wing.

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Ron; He is now discussing shooting with another of the best "Chesty Puller". Semper Fi.

Don

4. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

The NSSA has a Hall of Fame I have purchased a brick in memory of Jack

R.L. Jack Parks
    USMC Retired
    Mentor to Many
    Semper Fi

I would like to thank:

Joe Pierce
    Van Boerner
    Lee Marshall
    Fred McCue

For their support and donations to make this happen

Semper Fi

Ron

5. Jack Burch

Jack Burch TS Member

God really does love Military folks. They give without desire for reimbursment and provide the very freedom we live under.

Thanks for bringing the memory of this fine American to our attention.

6. LOWGUN

LOWGUN TS Member

Had the opportunity to shoot with Jack the first time in 1969. I shot with him last fall at FT. Bragg.He was a true gentleman and a good Marine. I'll miss him. Mike

7. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I would like to thank Bill Jones for his support on this effort, another great Marine Corps Skeet Shooter.

Ronbo

8. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I would like to thank Joe Curatola for his support.

Ronbo

9. Weirdbob

Weirdbob TS Member

For the past 6 years I’ve worked at the McIntyre Skeet range aboard Camp Lejeune. I’ve had the pleasure of not only shooting with Jack, but I’ve also benefited from his wisdom and his knowledge of the shooting sports. I’ve seen him almost every weekend for the last 6 years and it’s hard to believe that he will no longer grace this range with his presence. He was the first to walk up to a new shooter and help them improve their shooting no matter how much their gun cost or how cheap their shell bag looked. He often told me that he had the lowest active NSSA number. I do not doubt this one bit. He kept shooting until the month before he died and was winning at shoots as late as last year. There will never be another like him.

God Bless you Jack, and thank you from all of the people that you have touched.

Scotty Reed

10. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Scotty

I was one of the lucky shooters to have been blessed by Jack's wisdom, he did infact have the Lowest number 3139 for active shooters.

Ronbo

11. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Thanks Bob Mizner for you support, Warren Davis of Beaufort NC is composing a condolence letter to Jack's family and is going to include the NSSA letter that I recieved this week as confirmation to the brick purchase.

Ronbo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.