1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cardinals kick a little Phillie ...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bisi, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

What a great baseball game. Cards beat Phillie 1-0. A complete game shutout by Chris Carpenter.

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I love it, and I'm a Cubs fan. Too many cheese steak sandwichs, not enough hits.

3. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

I can only hope they sweep the Brewers next. Payback is a beetch. Don't think they have the horses to win another title but they are a strange team for sure.

4. Barry C. Roach

They're a whole lot less strange than the Cubs. They're not a typical St. Louis type of team for sure. Think Pujols will return to the Cards?

5. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Barry, do you mean will Pujols return to the Cards next year....or next week?? Not exactly "Mr. September." Just kidding, he's a great player and I think he will retire from the Cardinals.

6. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

I would like to see Pujols traded for a young hitter and a starting pitcher.

7. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Im not a Cardinals fan, but Carpenter's curve-ball was one of the best I've ever seen. It was so good and knee buckling I think half his pitches was that curve.

Wayne

8. Stonge

Stonge TS Member

GO BREWERS !!!!!!!!!!! Should be a good series, I was hoping to play the Phillies cause the Cards are gearing up!!!! Good Luck Oh yeah GO PACK GO
    John

9. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Now there will be two teams looking for a first baseman. Howard could be done for next season. Hmmmmmmm, Prince Fielder's price may getting out of reach.

10. Stonge

Stonge TS Member

I beleive Fielder is gone for sure, we can't afford what he will be looking for . Although it will free up some capital for some more quality pitching prospects. Just glad to be in he game yet and that the Yanks are out. GO BREWERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!Maybe Pujols willwant to move to Milwaukee !!!!!!LOL

11. Barry C. Roach

Pujols' impact on a team is far greater and better than Fielder and Howard. He's the best I've ever seen and I've seen Stan Musial and Ernie Banks.

12. Terry_Maiden

Terry_Maiden TS Member

Much as I love the Cardinals I have to stay away since if I watch or listen they LOSE! The TV moguls are crying in their fancy wine glasses this year. No big market teams in the playoffs, three of the four are midwest teams. Viewers on both coasts will tune these games out! Advertisers will stay away and the TV folks will take a bath!

Terry M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.