1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

cardinal tropheys

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapshot2003, Aug 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshot2003

trapshot2003 TS Member

I am sure this is going to upset some shooters, but nearly as much as i was when i picked up my trophey. i'm not an excellant shot. i dont win a lot of tropheys. so when i do win id like to have something i can show off to family and friends. i won a class singles championship this week after a shootout. i was so happy when i saw that i had won. i practically ran over to pck up my trophey, and then.....it was a flashlight. how do you classify a flashlight as a trophey. something i can pick up at odd lots or walmart. i am so upset!!! im not the only won that i have heard of complaining about them, they are very disapointing. they say they are having a good shoot, then where are the rewards for us???? i'm not afraid to attach my name to this message.

bonnie ridenbaugh

2. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

you should direct your comments to 1oldtimer - he says the CC has the best shoot in the US - even better than the grand. Also let Brad Dysinger know - he is your state association president.

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I would have to agree with you, Bonnie. Although I do appreciate the things that I have won (even weird stuff), I would much rather have a medal (which would cost about the same) or a plaque.

By the way...good shooting!

4. trapshot2003

trapshot2003 TS Member

No i agree that cardinal runs one of the best shoots iveever been to. they have fantastic facilities, everyone goes out of the way to help you. my only complaint is the tropheys. how do you put one of those name plates on a flashlight lol

5. Janet

Janet TS Member

I'd rather have cash.

6. trapshot2003

trapshot2003 TS Member

its not the money, or the cost of the trophey. we all know that for the ordinary shooter, we are not into it for the money. (we would have all quit a long time ago if we were) i have won some silly tropheys, like a squirel statue, but its something you talk about and even sometimes laugh at. a flashlight is something that will get thrown in a drawer or the trunk of a car and forgotten about. this was my best score of the year, and will soon be forgotten. except for the fact that now i have to go buy batteries.

7. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

We have a sub junior shooting the best of his life and now has 3 flashlights this week....... Tonight he won a thermos so he can drink coffee in 5 years.

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

tsk, tsk, tsk...

9. loop02

loop02 Member

My brother won a lawn chair at the Pennsylvania State shoot in doubles. Maybe he will trade. Most trophies you win look pretty cheap anyhow.

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I'm happily sitting here looking at my ceramic owls, turkeys and deer from the MTA homegrounds (Michigan)...

People say, those are cute... any comments on your flashlite???

11. dverna

dverna Active Member

The problem is too many trophies are "needed" to attract shooters and thus their "value" is diluted. There is no easy solution for shoot management. They must try to control costs and nice awards cost money.

But a flashlight is really pretty funny. Make up a little plaque that describes your accomplishment and have it riveted or glued to your award. You shot a good score; and you will look back and remember this with a smile.

Don't forget to add "The 'bastards' did not include batteries". The award may be a joke but winning never is.

Don Verna

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Joe Smoke---I'm sorry to laugh but your post just about made me spit soda. I'm glad to hear your young shooter is doing so well. Please don't let their poor choices of trophys discourage them from shooting..... so he can drink coffee in 5 years.....thats some funny sh!7----Matt Parker

13. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Yea, A FLASHLIGHT trophy sucked. Glad i lost in D Class to a 99. An't this sport great? Spend thousands to win a flashight? lol

14. BigM-Perazzi

I thought you also shot a 99 in D class, Snyder? tell us about that one...

15. smsnyder

BigM perazzi, Not me had a 89 and 94 today. 95 yesterday. Not a bad day's for me. Way above my average. I'm happy but will try to do better tomorrow in caps. I would be pissed with a flashlight trophy also. This sport an't cheap.

16. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

Actually a great place to shoot and we love the camping, first rate all the way around, well run tournaments at the Cardinal Center. And if you had a room full of "regular trophies", I'm sure you would be asking for something usefull as an award. My son has a couple medals that he proudly displays in his room. And I fully understand the committee is always under pressure to come up with something "new and exciting".

But as my wife just said, you could have a room full of trophies, and what would you do when the power goes out? (Remember to pick up batteries, they're at the checkout counter at WalMart.)

By the way- sitting in the motor home 1/2 mile from the central entry building at the Cardinal, in the rain, and have wireless service for the computer!

17. BigM-Perazzi

That's well above D class. Did you reclassify to B?

18. smsnyder

BigM perazzi just did my average today with a few guys. My average on 2200 targets is about 88. My last 7 scores have all been in the low to mid 90's so im moving up fast but still D Class. According to ATA rules i am still D Class.

19. BigM-Perazzi

We're back to averaging??

20. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I am sure the new Ohio Association Pres will get on the case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.