1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cardinal Trapline workers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by traplineteam, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. traplineteam

traplineteam TS Member

Hey all! It's Danielle & Candy from the Cardinal Center, Just wanted to get some feedback, on the trapline workers. We will take the good with the bad, please let me know how your experience was. This will help us better to staff each shoot if we know what your experience has been like while visiting us in Ohio. I hope it was a good shoot for all, but sometimes we make mistakes and we would like to hear from you!

2. traplineteam

traplineteam TS Member

Hey all! It's Danielle & Candy from the Cardinal Center, Just wanted to get some feedback, on the trapline workers. We will take the good with the bad, please let me know how your experience was. This will help us better to staff each shoot if we know what your experience has been like while visiting us in Ohio. I hope it was a good shoot for all, but sometimes we make mistakes and we would like to hear from you!

3. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

Hi Danielle and Candy, I shot the Ohio State Shoot this year. I was impressed with the way the shoot was run. All of the young people were nice and a pleasure to talk to about thier life ambitions in between rounds. All of my experiences were good with the trapline workers. I would say hire them all back! I hope this helps you.

John

4. 45ACP

45ACP Member

Hi Danielle and Candy, I shot the Buckeye Classic, the Ohio State and the Cardinal Classic as usual. Hire the trap line help back next year. The kids did a great job. Thank you all !

The last time I had any trouble was in 2009. One guy was more interested in the girls than watching the targets.

5. dsid01

dsid01 TS Member

I attended to Buckeye and the State Shoot this year and the trap help was great as usual, my only complaint would be the a$$hole you have working the practice trap. He was so completely arrogant and rude to the shooters it amazed me. Other than that everything is awesome. He was the one that took your money and gave you the token, and had a big chew in his lip.

6. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

They were great and I realy enjoyed that shoot.

Thursday's singles needed Champion and Runner-up trophies.

Options would be better if the 25's were every day not just on Sunday

Terry.

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I asked for a reset once and the trap machanic appeared almost immediately. He looked at the target, shook his head and proceeded to make an adjustment. I did notice a few empty trap issues but nothing that unusual for a shoot this size. All in all, the scorekeepers were excellent!!

8. APrice

APrice Active Member

I shot the Classic and didn't have a single complaint. Great group of workers!

9. dshot

dshot Member

I shot shot there and the trap line help was great, friendly and most of the girls were very nice looking, which made the shot that much more pleasent.
    Thanks
    for a great time.

10. 8 Straight

8 Straight Active Member

I could only shoot on Thursday, and all three events were shot on Bank 5. The help there was excellent. No problems other than the scorers would not take bribes.

11. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

I shot the state shoot and had the worst birds of the year.. called for a reset and when he showed up he looked like he had just had an all night fight with his wife.. he looked at a couple and growled nothing I can do and walked off.. (they were extreamly high.. would have been simple enough to lower them)

I was there for the C. Classic and called for a reset and had a very cheerful young man show up and made the needed adjustments with a smile on his face.

If I could offer any suggestion it would be to drop the price of the Lewis to $10 and give more Non-resident trophys.

12. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

A good group of kids and for the most part they take it as serious as we do. Only had one issue. The kid did not know how to mark a four man squad so while he got the loss/dead right, it took us looking at the paper to figure it out. He called out some strange numbers and got us all confused. Not that this is a major issue, but none of us on the squad knew each other so none of us trusted each other and had to straighten it out.

but, that is a minor issue considering the number of targets thrown and the number of squads that run through there. I think it was over 200 squads that day.

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

We had a girl that had never scored or called doubles. Got a little irritating, as she took a long time to call lost/dead, dead pair, etc. But thats a training issue, not a scorer issue.

Other than that, they were great. Polite and curtious.

Thanks for asking. It shows you care about making the facility better.

14. AlanM

AlanM Member

I shot at the Ohio State Shoot. I was walking to my trap on bank 6, when I dropped my shell bag, as I was bending over to pick everything up this young trap boy came over and offered his help when I said I was OK, he still stayed until I had everything picked up. Good quailty young people you have employed and they are very polite. Keep up the good work.

Alan

15. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

PM sent

16. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

The best run one yet in my opinion.

The only suggestion I can make is the scorers chairs should be closer to the shooters depending on yardage.

It's a little hard to hear the scores of each station with the chairs being back beyond the 27yd line if you are a 20 or 22yd shooter.

Also, it may be a little easier to see a piece of target you might miss.

Regards.....Gerald

17. dverna

dverna Active Member

We had one girl that seemed "not there". She worked back 1. One of the guys lent her a set of muffs. Her ears were hurting as she would not put a rolled up foam plug in her ear canal.

All the other young people did a great job.

It really is remarkable what a good job you folks do with kids who may never have scored or shot before.

Many KUDOS to you and your people.

Don Verna

18. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

TOP RATE!!!! could not have done any better, a great bunch of young guys and gals. I was talking (too much) and missed a squad so I had to make up 50 at the practice trap. The guy running it was polite and went out of this way to help me. I have shot every shoot there and have never had a real problem! Some small learning issues (that should be expected with a shoot of that size. I loove the place and find the scorers and loaders the best I have ever had the honor to shoot with!!

19. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

i shot at all three shoots this year, help was friendly, and great at the work they were doing. Only saw one timevthe squad moved on a first flight out and no scorer was in his chair, I did hear him apologize jumped right up and jogged to the chair, up and running with just a few moments lost. My only suggestion to the Cardinal would be more lines of cashiers, that seems to be a bottle neck, how about an express line that day events no options (quick and easy) just proud to have you guys there, on Saturday's off i go just to practice.
    Deb

20. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

HAD A GREAT TIME AND SHOT ALL THREE SHOOTS The trap help was great. I did notice that almost all of them did wear their hearing protection mot of the time. I would like the lewis class made 15 dollars. The 20 for the other two wshoots was ok but the 25 for the state shoot makes it a little steep and most of the money goes tot he top shooters. keep up the nice work. I did think that the trappers hould put a box under the drink cups for rubbish bit not a big deal. motordoc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.