1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cardinal OSTA HOF offer letter

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brad Dysinger, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

I'm trying to put the offer letter that Jack and the OSTA sent to the HOF. It just covers what we talked about when we all were in Sparta in August. Judge for yourself if it's a good offer or not.

Brad Dysinger

[​IMG]

2. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Brad I think it is a very good offer from Mr. Fishburn. What else is the ATA wanting?
    Don

3. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

I would think the ATA is simply wanting to locate the HoF and the Grand in the same place.

Perhaps they are remembering that some shooters in Ohio were rather vocal about predicting the demise of the ATA just a few years ago. Some went further, openly predicting that a rival association should and would rise up and replace the ATA. Mr. Dysinger might even remember something about that.

Perhaps the ATA is wisely interested in making sure that the ATA HoF remains the ATA HoF.

4. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

What part of free isn't appealing here? Plus, there is probably more traffic going through Cardinal than there is Sparta.

JMHO

Jim C

5. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Singleshot, I've never been shy about saying that moving the grand to Sparta was a bad idea. Go back and check out my predictions about grand attendence from five and six years ago. If I was wrong I'd admit it but I wasn't. Only someone with an alcoholic'c mentality would continue to deny what's happening. Personally I'd just as soon cut ties with the ATA altogether but I thought this deal with the Fishburns was the last best hope for the HOF and the ATA.

I've set back and read the unimformed spread lies that OHIO never offered anything [or any ground] about keepping the grand in Ohio, and that's what they are lies. Something stinks at the ATA and it's probably money. The bottom line is shooter numbers. How long can Obama's State subsidize that over built complex on 10 squad shoots, and it's acutually the Trapshooting Hall of Fame and Museum not ATA hall of fame, the ATA wasn't even thought of when many of the enshrines shot or ivented trap related things, they were TRAP shooters, old pigeon shooters.

Ohio and Jack stepped up to the plate, I would hope the HOF trustees would look in the mirror and ask themselves if they are willing to stake the future of trap shooting history on the success of Sparta. I'll been fine either way Ohio has the best trap shoot in the country right know and it's only getting better. Instead of all you ATA Sparta worshipers blamming Ohio for being successfull maybe you should just listen to the shooters. That's what I do. Having and running a succesful shoot's not that complicated.

Also I get 1000 bucks for being Ohio's tournament director, do you know what the ATA pays their tournament director, I do. And another thing OSTA directors don't get free trap guns if they become prsident of the OSTA. Do you know what kind of guns outgoing ATA presidents get? I know that too. Brad Dysinger

6. perga1

perga1 Active Member

I think it's time for another trapshooting association. Nothing creates improvement faster than competition. JRM

7. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

Mr. Dysinger,

I hadn't noticed it before, but after reading your latest post, I went back and reread the offer letter from the Cardinal Center and now do see that there isn't even a passing mention of the ATA.

You are certainly correct - the Trapshooting Hall of Fame is a separate, stand-alone entity, and it could choose to separate itself completely from any connections, no matter how tenuous, to the ATA, if you can sell that deal to a majority of the Board of Directors.

I will say that you ARE consistent and doubtless a man of conviction. It's apparent now that you are still bent on starting an alternate organization as a rival to the ATA - and are still hoping that Sparta fails. And this move on the Hall of Fame is simply part of a plan to further that ambitious private goal.

I am sure that you are a passionate believer in preserving and honoring the history of trapshooting. That's very, very commendable.

Although....I must have missed you at the function honoring Tobe Cohron last weekend. Kenny Ray was there.

You were probably at Cardinal Center, pacing off the location for the new HoF. In the name of preserving history and furthering the sport of trapshooting.

Good luck with that.

8. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Tedium maximus!!!!!

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Brad---I so wish you and your cronies would seperate from the ATA and such. It would be very amusing to see how many shooters would attend Mr. Fishburns CC shoots without the ATA. I could make a prediction of my own. I bet that place would close faster than a tight wads wallet in a strip club. Go on and live in your little dream world. Your predictions and ongoing slamming of the very sport you say you support will soon be a distant memory of yours if you would just follow thru with your plans of seperating from us. I could only dream of that day you left. Bon Voyage----Matt

10. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Just curious: Why is the letter addressed to Brad and not the HOF? Especially since Brad is one of the signers of the letter?

11. zinger

zinger Member

The football HOF is in Canton, right next to a major Interstate where vacationers can quickly exit. Other than the few shoots in Sparta, how many people from the outside world are going to travel to Sparta just to visit the HOF? I think OWNING the property guarantees it to be the last move ever. Why can't it be in Ohio? Why does it have to be on leased property? Why can't the trapshooter's decide where their HOF should be?

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

It appears to me the offer was made to Brad from Brad. Sounds a little fishy to me.---Matt

13. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

The HOF is a separate entity and not financially associated with the ATA?

Does the HOF have funds to complete a new location?

Do the people who have donated money and material for the last 40 years get a vote on where the display is to be located?

If all the material is "mothballed" as mentioned in the news story, it will be out of sight and mind when the last interested person passes on.

14. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

The letter was sent to everyone who attended the meeting at Sparta, For those who can read Copy is plainly stated, everyone there has their own copy. I posted my copy Matt if you think I sent this to myself your an idiot. Do you want me to post Bradford's I will.

[​IMG]

15. shootover

shootover TS Member

Brad:
    Congratulations, you have now incurred the wrath of the I love Sparta group who blindly follow the words of the ATA. To use one of their arguments about Ill building Sparta, how can they turn down free land and $100,000 to build a HOF building?
    The whole Sparta deal stunk right from the begining, It was carefully engin eered so their was no other choice. Who did profit from this move that the ATA members turned down? Why does the outgoing President get a New Trap Gun? How much is spent? and what kind of compensation do the ATA officials recieve? all good questions.
    Grntitan we know you live in the shadows of Sparta and love it and probably never ventured to Vandalia. If a new shooting association were to emerge rest assured the silent majority would move. For your information Brad has done more for shooting than you could possibly imagine or do, so be careful who you slam and keep your blind hugging and kissing of the ATA behinds to your-self.

The Cardinal Center facility is second to none and will continue to grow because you said it GIVE THE SHOOTERS WHAT THEY WANT. I have attended every State shoot since the cardinal center opened and have enjoyed every one of them and will continue to attend. There is no question at Marengo who is first, It's the SHOOTER not some puffed up ATA official.

Shootover

16. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Brad

No matter what you say or write, there are still a few people that can not grasp the inevitable. Sparta is failing and failing miserably. The attendance records prove it and no amount of excuses can overcome it. It will continue to get worse every year, and every year there will be more excuses to try and justify the demise.

I think you and the Cardinal Center have a great idea. If there was a vote on the subject, I believe it would most likely turn out like the vote on the move to Sparta in the first place. I think the real trap shooters that keeps the ATA going knows how that went.

Good luck on your venture and I wish the ATA would listen to your offer.

Mark Rounds

17. zinger

zinger Member

A poll would be interesting.....I would think it would be a no brainer...leased land to be tossed off of...or, our own piece of land.
    And to insinuate Mr.Fishburn would, or could close a gate sounds real appreciative!

18. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

BD: <i>" ... I've set back and read the unimformed [sic] spread lies that OHIO never offered anything [or any ground] about keepping [sic] the grand [sic] in Ohio, and that's what they are lies. ... "</i>

Do Share, please.

Brad if there was ever a valid, timely, competent offer to keep the Grand in Ohio, it has been very, very well disguised.

I have read every word of the ATA minutes related to the move and all things associated, as well as paid attention to Neil's and Pat's notes - and they were there.

The animus of many 'Shit on the ATA ... But I Support Trapshooting' is truly mindboggling, but also petulant, childish and trivial.

'tis true what Shakespeare said abt about OSTA ... hell ... fury ... scorned but it seemed he got his genders misplaced, and most women are more gentlemanly than the OTSA, anyhow. Seemingly.

Bob

19. perga1

perga1 Active Member

What could be wiser, a HoF in the boonies with one major shoot a year that is difficult to get to, or a location in a metropolitan area with easy access and 4 major shoots a year? Of course the one in the boonies. That's the ATA for you. It's time for the NTA (National Trapshooting Association) or perhaps the ITA..

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Here we go again: OHIO, meaning Marengo, is the greatest and the REST OF the trapshooting world SUCKS. Screw all of you only Ohio deserves everything.

Point 1. Brad now is the time to put up or shut up. Tell us all the lies about the ATA moving out and all the money and properties that were offered and turned down.

Point 2. The HOF as explained has a resolution that the Hall of Fame is located where the grand is located and this resolution was reaffirmed. The HOF board is from all over the country not just IL.

Point 3. Shooters come from all the states and several foreign countries to attend the GRAND so it would be natural that it be located at or near the Grand, so that the attendees could benefit not just Ohio residents.

Point 4. Brad why all of a sudden have you started this crap throwing contest at this time?? The HOF board turned you down not the ATA.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.