1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cardinal Ctr. Cardinal Classic shoot report

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JB Logan Co. Ohio, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Good afternoon trapshooters, far and wide. I'm sitting under the pavillion of the Cardinal Center (Marengo, Ohio) for day 1 of the Cardinal Center Championship. This is the only day I will be able to attend so I'll only be able to give limited details of what is going on today.

There were 60 squads for the singles competition and quite a few 100's posted. First the Lewis class payout.

100 3 = $118.75

99 11 = $21.50

97 10 = $35.50

96 14 = $17.00

94 7 = $50.75

93 9 = $26.25

In Sr. Vet. there were 3 100's (A)Henry J. Cole-

(AA) Robert P. Reese- PA

(AA) Willis Anderson- OH

In the Veteran class there was a lone 100: Sheldon Hostetler- Lebanon, PA

The top Lady shooter was Donna Natcher from Ebewsburg, PA with a 99.

In the Junior class there was another lone 100: Nick T. Carone-Venetia, PA

In the Sub-Jr. category Mathew A. Ashcraft had a 96.

AA had 4 shooters with 100's: Robert H. Wagner-NY

John A. Rosebrock-OH

Paul Dom Jr.-OH

Robert Crosjean-OH

The A class shooters had 4 100's: Bruce Bateman-PA

Chris Schlichter-OH

Louis B. Carter-NC

Nick T. Carone Jr.-PA

B class had 2 99's: (Vet) Gary L. Martin-OH

Mickey G. Holcomb-OH

C class had at least 2 97's: Cory W. Natcher-PA

I couldn't find the other one(s).

D class had a single 98 from (Vet) Kinzt C. Smith-WV

Other D consolation scores included Alan R. Harbson-OH =96

Peter L. Marasco-OH =96

Rick L. Swon-OH =96

Senior Vet. class tied with 100's

AA class tied with 100's

A class tied with 100's

B class tied with 99's

C class tied with 97's

It was a beautiful day at the Cardinal Center with a gentle breeze (subjective statement if it made you miss one!) blowing from the ENE. It usually comes in from the W or NW. The targets were very good and the trap help were polite and did their jobs well. My compliments to the Cardinal Center staff, the OSTA staff who were in attendance. As far as I could tell the shoot was/is running smoothly with no complications. I shot W side so I can't say about the E side. There are enough vendors on the grounds (at least for Wed.) I would expect more to show up as the week continues.

I can't say I broke any personal records. A 95 in singles (the damn Lewis class broke on each side of my score AGAIN!) and a 94 in the handicap. I had to run 49 of the last 50 to get that. I'm not complaining, it's better than my average.

My apologies if I neglected to glean everyone's name off the scoresheets or if I misspelled anyone's name (sue me!). The doubles are going on now so no info will be posted on that event as I'm getting ready to pack up and head home. Good luck to all who will be shooting the rest of the week, tear 'em up.

Respectfully submitted,

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

2. Mike

Mike Member

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

D class had a single 98 from (Vet) Kinzt C. Smith-WV

Possibly thats Kinzy Smith?

Hap

JB, you did good guy, thank you!

4. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

To JB Logan Co.,Hi,Since you are actually at the Cardinal Center and I was planning to attend,I would like to know if Beretta and Browning happen to be there with guns to test fire.I wanted to try the AL391 Parallel Target from Beretta and a Browning Citori XT Gold with Gracoil.Thank you.

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

You can also get the scores from rj stuart along with the payout.

Don

6. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Hap, yes that was Kinzy....My proof reading in the sunlight on my laptop need some attention. I caught it last night after I got back home and said to myself "Self, if anybody catches it I'll plead insanity in the morning!"

Wilehunting...I'm not sure if either had their facilities set up yet. I don't specifically remember them. There was some gun guys set up by the practice traps...Kolar and someone else but I can't remember. I would be willing to bet that they both will be there by this weekend.

Shoot well and enjoy the Cardinal Center, a great OHIO facility in all respects.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.