1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cardinal Classic Update

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Zoltan, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

Thanks to the support of the shooters at the 3rd annual Cardinal Classic the number of entries have grown dramatically.

Events 1-3 for 2007 had 363 entries
    Events 1-3 for 2008 had 789 entries

Events 4-6 for 2007 had 672 entries
    Events 4-6 for 2008 had 1283 entries

The bunker trap has had a large amount of activity for the first two days of the shoot.

With this type of increase in shooter participtation and support the additional 6 traps planned for the 2009 shooting could not have come at a better time. Hope to see you at the Cardinal Classic if you can work it into your schedule.

Roger Edgington
    NE Ohio Zone Director

2. Dick The Shooter

Dick The Shooter Member

WOW WOW WOW

3. G-12

G-12 TS Member

I'm on squad 50 for Saturday's 200 singles. Can anyone venture a rough guess
    when that squad may shoot? Thanks! Ben

4. Beau69

Beau69 Active Member

I'd say around 1.5 hours after the event starts, although you never know how many empty squads in the first flight.

Does anyone know if there is a calcutta on Sundays handicap?
    I cant find any info on it anywhere!

5. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Roger, Glad you stepped up are giving some info since I can't be there. Keep it up! I'll follow up on scores, dollars and winners on JR Stuart as they get updated. Tell Teri and Dan I said hi and thanks to all behind the counters who made Wed. a well run 3 event day.

I shot 12 birds on the bunker before I left and all I can say is "WOW!" I need some faster shells. Was worth every penny. Thanks Mr. Fishburn.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

6. AAA 27 AAA

AAA 27 AAA TS Member

100 Straight from the 27
    2nd Handicap today 8-21-08

Ronnie Black - Flemingsburg Kentucky

7. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

Well said Big Papa.
    It IS unbelievable what this place has accomplished in the short amount of time they have been open. It is nice seeing people walk around with smiles on their faces again.

8. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

I have just received information from RJ Stuart that the number of paid entries with the start of Day 3 have now exceeded all of the paid entries for the 2007 Cardinal Classic.

The Cardinal Classic still has two days of shooting remaining which will be the two biggest days of the shoot. The shooters attendance and participation have allowed this premier shooting facility to grow at a tremendous rate.

Thanks Cardinal Center Staff and the Fishburn family.

Roger Edgington
    NE Zone Director

9. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

G-12, I'd be at your bank a little after an hour after the start of the event. They were moving along pretty quick yesterday.

Bring lots of water and ice. It was damn hot yesterday, and I think it's supposed to be worse this weekend.

If you're looking for shot, bring cash. I saw one vendor selling West Coast Magnum for $30.75 a bag, and some decent prices on powder, wads and shells.

~Michael

10. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Yeah, it already starting to show, Randy gets to 100 and now his scores are starting to decline. I hope I have the problem soon.

Charlie

11. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Are the results printed on here yet? glenn

12. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

13. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

I was there Wed thru Friday. All the events were timely and the trap help are doing a great job. Lots of shooters. Heard they were adding traps and more camper spots for next year. Mr. Fishburn was there with big grin on his face. Also got to shoot Bunker doubles.

14. Mike

Mike Member

15. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Congratulations Cardinal!!!

I couldn't make it this year but I will make it there in '09!!!

Good luck to everyone there!!!

Mr. Ross, That's just plain awesome!!!

Best Regards to all,

milt

16. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

BIG PAPA:

Ok all I got to say about the high school kids giving up a saturday night to perform for a lot of old trap shooters is they are used to doing that sort of thang.

At least from where im from so why should they be a celebrety status compared to the other things they do on the week end at other special event's im sure when they signed up it was listed in the what was expected to complete the course for the year!!!

Ok I am glad they gave a good performance and im not downgrading what you have to say but as I said from where im from the high school kids got to give up a lot if they are in the band!!!

Foggy

17. The Stive

The Stive Member

I was there thurs thru sun. I had a great time. What a wonderful place to
    shoot. John

18. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Just got home this morning, Great shoot with very stiff competition. You win a trophy there you have done something.

Shannon

19. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

can anyone tell me what kind of target and color that was thrown at this event? thanks. Don

20. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Orange with black ring.

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.