1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CARDINAL CLASSIC Trophies

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by midalake, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

First off I was not there. But it seems to me that the trophies list at this shoot was a little weak..... my biggest bitch would be no yardage trophies??? In my opinion there should NEVER be an ATA event that does not have yardage trophies. For events 1,3,5,7,9 NO Champion trophy???? It seems to me for this size of shoot that is just wrong. I also understand the [class] type events where there is sometimes not a champion of event trophy, but that would only revert to events 7 and 9. We have people here "bragging" on how many people are shooting here but what are they really shooting for??? I have been to many shoots this year where the events have more trophies and there 8-12 squads?

GS

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

We voted for MONEY instead . That,s if you like Trophies you can buy one later .

I would ask if you won a trophie but you did,t go ??

3. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

I'd have to say if no yardage trophies is the only complaint, from someone who wasn't even there, they must be doing a great job. I WAS there and it was certainly a nice shoot and a beautiful place and well run shoot.

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I was there for the entire shoot and I didn't see any unhappy shooters. Didn't hear any complaints about the trophies, in fact, didn't hear anyone complaining even about the weather.

Curt

5. Terry L A

Terry L A TS Member

WOW...not there but wants to complain. Great shoot, great money, great trophies, great fun! What more is there? A real family oriented shooting facility-pool, picnic, fishing pond, shopping and on and on. Great job Cardinal and staff. Thanks

6. WonderBoy

WonderBoy TS Member

I was there....the shoot ran great!! First time in a long time of shooting I have been on the last squad of an event and went thru without any backups of any kind. Well run!! As for the trophies....pathetic, gift cards were given out for the handicap event on Thursday..I heard the most was a $100 gift card to Gander Mountain. Wouldn't it be better to have a shooting bag or buckle or some sort of shooting accessory or for that matter anything that had a name plate with the date and event. Something memorable. Money payout was good. Overall good

7. WonderBoy

WonderBoy TS Member

Not sure who "Matt" is but this isn't Matt. And please try to proof read your posts before posting, they are very difficult to follow. And no I'm not "bitch,en" about the money because it was pretty good, just about the trophies. Targets were great and the shoot was run great, I shot the best handicap scores of my life there this past weekend.

8. Gary Beer

Gary Beer Member

UHHHHHHHH the guy who signed his name Matt is probably the Matt he was talking to. The post just above yours.

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

Many shooters prefer money over trophies. Many shooters prefer trophies over money. Many shooters do not really care, they just like to shoot and occasionally win.

My personal preference would be nice money clips stuffed with money accompanied by a flat of shells. But even if the club gave these, some would be unhappy because the shells were #8 shot instead of #7.5 shot.

Pat Ireland

10. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I was there from Wednesday on and the only complaint I can come up with is the time between hundreds on Saturday. There was no reason (I.M.H.O) to have over 2 hours between the singles events. I know they wanted that photo taken but that could have been done after the event was over. Other than that, a very well run shoot!

Jeff

11. logndog

logndog TS Member

You know listening to this back and forth conversation reminds me of a history lesson. All of the pro ATA Sparta people seem to follow blind whatever the ATA wants to do and makes up ways to defend their actions in the process. Where on the other hand are the people who have the sense and guts to question what there goverment is trying to shove down their throat (ie: Sparta) I don't know about anyone else, but to me it sounds like how our country was founded ( with the pro Sparta people being the "Tories" of the organization.) I just wonder if the same thing is going to happen with this organization with a new one being formed. Sure seems like it is headed that way!

12. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I can't say, I shot most events and did not earn one, They don't come easy at a shoot with a comp level of 6.

The closest I came was last round in the Ithica shoot out for a very nice custom engraved Trap model presented by Ithica.

Very well run shoot on brand spankin new grounds with all the bells and whistles.

Trapshooter Paradise.

Shannon

13. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

2 keys over, 1 up for god's sake.

14. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

One thing for sure about the trophies at Cardinal Center, or lack thereof, if you earn one at ANY of their shoots, YOU DONE GOOD !!! That is a tough crowd !!.....Uncle Sam, Pa.

15. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

Uncle Sam,

It was good to meet you at the shoot. I had a great time and will be back again next year.

Bomber

16. The Stive

The Stive Member

I was there and I shot the whole program. I had a great time!! No complaints
    what a great place to shoot. I wish that they would hold a shoot in October.
    I sure would be there. John

17. kriegart

kriegart Member

18. chuckles

chuckles Member

What is "two keys over, one up"....????

19. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

chuckles----I believe that "stokinpls" was trying to teach or show "ALF-99" to use ' in his words instead of , in his words. For example he types "didn,t" instead of "didn't". Got it??? That is the punctuation lesson for today. Thank you boys and girls.------Matt

20. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Trophies have always been a touchy subject with a lot of trapshooters. And 10 or 15 years ago, I can remember wondering what was with all the silver tea services and such in a shooting sport. Some want money, some want trophies and no shoot promoter is going to please everyone. As Pat said, winners of a flat of shells would likely complain about the shot size or velocity.

But Pat's post brought an idea to mind. At a shoot with a shell house or shell vendors, why not award shells as the trophies and give the winners certificates for the number of flats they won that could be redeemed at the shell house or one of the vendors? That way, the club could never be stuck with dated trophies in the event of bad weather and a lower than expected shooter count or a cancellation and no one could bitch about the trophy they won.

Just a thought...

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.