1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cardinal classic in Marengo

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shannon391, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Anyone going?

Shannon

2. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Weell it's not gonna be like Sparta. Thar be Rain forecast every day.

Should be there Sat. if the money holds out.

Rock

Jim

3. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

just the oposite of sparta. Make sure to bring your row boats. starting wednesday I'll be there motordoc

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I plan on rowin' in tuesday night.I hope the rain belt is North of us.

Thanks, Shannon

5. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Good luck two the [2] Larry's.........from points much further north........

GS

6. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

I am heading there. I hope the rain quits. Todd

7. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Thank You. You are OK I won't let anybody say anything bad about you now.
    Just remember you promised.

Rock

Jim

8. shooterschuster

shooterschuster TS Member

I just thought I would give an update at the Cardinal Center. I dropped off my camper on Sunday on the way home from the "Grand". It was nice to back in the Buckeye State again! The grass is green the air is cool and Mr. Fishburn got rid of all the stumps behind bank 5 and the shoot off traps. Life is good! I think Mr. Fishburn should be commended for all his efforts to provide the State of Ohio with a first rate shooting facility. Just think without all his time spent, money spent, and good intensions that would still be just another corn field outside of Columbus. Why doesn't the State of Ohio recognize his efforts and join him in the expansion of the Cardinal Center like the Illinois DNR has built the WSC? Just a thought. I personally would love to see the Grand American come back to Ohio and be truly "Grand" again. No disrespect to the facility in Sparta or the people there. WSC is a huge place and the people very nice, but unless you know someone is going to be there and you contact them, you could go the entire time without see them. There are still some good Ol'Boys in our sport and I have been lucky enough to shoot with some of them and enjoy their stories of the shoots in Vandalia. It just would be nice to carry on the tradition of shooting the largest shoot in the world back home again!

9. Arkie

Arkie Member

I think I am the only one with a cell phone all you need to find any person at the Grand.

10. Model12Lady

Model12Lady Member

Slugger....obvioulsly you are going by "what you heard". Don't knock it 'til you try it. Great facility still in it infancy....can only get better with time.

See you there Shannon.

11. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Where he ever got the idea that you can't drive up to your bank n to shoot is beyond me.

And it is my understanding that the ATA limited him to 40 traps. Any more they wouldn't sanction ATA shoots. Still trying to find out for sure.

Rock

Jim

12. Ljuticman

Ljuticman TS Member

Rock, the ATA didn't limit the number of traps at Marengo. The OSTA did. The OSTA owns the Pat Traps at Marengo and they decided that we only needed 40 traps!
    If you don't believe me ask Dennis Filo, ask Dean Townsend, ask Drew Waller, but stop saying that the ATA limited Marengo to 40 traps. You are starting to make people believe you are stupid!

13. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Better to keep ones upper lip pressed firmly against ones lower and make them wonder than to speak and confirm it. John

14. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Well anyway I am going to be there Saturday and Sunday.
    Don

15. bubba at ohio

bubba at ohio TS Member

if u look on osta web site they do not own the pats the odnr gave them the grant for the pats

16. Ljuticman

Ljuticman TS Member

Bubba, I stand partially corrected. The Ohio DNR gave a grant for $150,000.00. 40 new Pat Traps cost more than that.

17. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

shotgun shooter

If that is true I stand corrected. The man Mr. Fishburn just said he was limited to 40 and would not be permitted to do more and still hold the state shoot. The concern was for the smaller clubs in the area.

He also said that he was capable of at least 60 more traps in a line.

Rock

Jim

18. bubba at ohio

bubba at ohio TS Member

yeah he owns the land west to the county road and on the other side of that to

19. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

There are many reasons to be limited to 40 other than the ATA, that you have blamed repeatedly.

Don

20. Marco Polo

Marco Polo TS Member

iF it floods. The ATA and Sparta Will be BLAMED for it.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cardinal classic morengo