1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cardinal Classic - Good Hotel Deal

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Beau69, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beau69

Beau69 Active Member

FYI: Booked a room a while back at the Baymont Suites on Mediterranean Ave in Columbus....$46 a night...good deal! Cheapest room I could find...and Baymonts are usually decent. 25 mile drive straight up I-71 to the Gun Club...

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

You could've paid a bit more and avoided the 25 minute drive, but not a bad deal. You can make good time down 71.

3. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Cheap an't always good. Nasty bed bugs and other critters in the rooms.

4. dshot

dshot Member

Beau69, If you would please post a up-date on the condition of the room and hotel, I can't make it up there this week but will be up 3 times next year and always looking for ways to save money.

5. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

staying in the Fairfield Inn, just down thr road in Polaris. the bed is a terribly comfortable Simmons Beautyrest classic....best mattress I have slept on in a LONG time!!!

recommendation for pizza and beer restaurant...."Coaches" in Centerburg....the GPS calls it the Brown Dog Sports Pub!!! It aint fancy, but the pizza!!!!!!

6. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

Snyder......Tue evening on WORLD news was a report on bedbugs. They are near epidemic proportion in many states. Ohio was mentioned as well as 5 or 6 other states. Not a funny situation with many nice motels taken over by a group that does not worry about cleanliness. Time for a small MOTOR HOME.. We are looking.....RUN'EM

7. Beau69

Beau69 Active Member

Hotel was decent. Actually split my stay between the Baymont and the Hawthorn Suites right next door...figured 'why not'?

Both were what you would expect for $50 a night. Decent. Would I take my wife there? Depends how hot she is!! ha.

Food recommendation in Dublin: "Old Bag of Nails" Restaurant. Best fish and chips I've ever eaten!

8. dshot

dshot Member

Thanks Beau69, I will try the fish and chips next year when I am up there.

9. Donm

Donm Active Member

TWENTY-FIVE miles oh my God. If someone shooting in Sparta had to drive 25 miles that would mean putting a end to Sparta but driving the same distance in Ohio it is ok. I just don't seem to understand the difference. I haven't driven over 25 miles in the 3 times I have shot Sparta and I have stayed in 3 different houses.

10. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Donm how was your dinner in Sparta......did you get fries with that??? lol

11. Donm

Donm Active Member

Actually I had a baked one night and mashed the second night I ate in Sparta. I ate at Southside ribs with the gang from Kolar one night and went back a second time cause the first time was so good. I take it you never ate in Sparta or did you see me there? If you saw me there PM me so I know who and where. I also ate in Chester one night and Steeleville two nights. I also ate at the house I rented one night. In case you need to know I ate breakfast in Sparta on morning and in Steelville the rest of the time. A great breakfast place in Steelville called Granny's. Had American fries with breakfast. Really great sausage patties and some really good bisquits and gravey. Anything else I can help you with?

12. gwsaucedo

gwsaucedo TS Member

I was trying to be frugal(yeah cheap)and had reservations at Motel 6 at exit 116 off of I71. Pulled in there and was the only car in the parking lot. Only thing missing was a three legged dog and a tumbleweed blowing across the lot. Went in and canceled and drove up to exit 117 and stayed at The Clarion Inn. Bob Evans right across the parking lot and a 24hr. Giant Eagle supermarket next to Bob's. Filled the cooler with goodies at Giant Eagle and it was only a 23 mile drag race up the interstate to exit 140, the Cardinal Center. Learned this, not many people staying at the hotels right now, so will haggle over the room price next time. It is definitely a renters market at this time of year! So get your William Shatner on! Oh, stayed 41 miles away from the Grand and saved considerably. Turned right out of motel parking lot drove straight to Sparta on the same road, turned left on Hwy 4 and then left into facility, pretty easy. Sure it was an hour to get there, but with what we saved everyone was happy. Greg Saucedo

13. TRAINWRECK

TRAINWRECK TS Member

I glad you folks have been able to stay within a short drive to Sparta. It always been over and hours drive from the motel to WSC for me. I have not been there in 2 years. Maybe I can make it next year and get a better locations.

14. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Donm--25 miles on 4 lane highways is about 20 minutes. On sparta's stone & mud roads 45 minutes. CED

15. Donm

Donm Active Member

Old timer. I have been to Sparta 4 out of 6 years and have never stayed over 25 miles from the center. Next year I have a contact with a couple that live 2.5 miles. Two bedrooms $100 per night. Inground pool and all. This year I was 22 minutes from house to trap. Four bedroom house $100 per night. If people do some HOME work there are plenty of people renting houses. This year we had two good resturants, a liquor store, gas station and two bars within two blocks of our house in Steelville. So 25 miles is 25 miles two, four or ten lane road. It sounds like I still have had it better.

The heat was not normal. I live in Wisconsin and the week of the Grand it was in the 90's here. If you check the past weather for Ohio it was in the 90's there too. So that place in Ohio has nothing on Sparta including the GRAND.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.