1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cardinal Classic Friday Singles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by guinner16, Jul 25, 2013.

1. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

This is my first real year in ATA shooting and made the decision to attend the Cardinal Class starting on that Friday. I am coming Friday morning from a few hours away, and wanted to know what the latest time I could classify, squad, and pay for the morning singles event. We don't care if we are the last singles squad, but we dont want to miss the event, and only get to shoot the handicap. I was just hoping we dont have to leave at the crack of dawn. Is 10am safe, 11am???? I believe shooting starts at 9am. Thanks for the help.

2. TjayE

TjayE Member

If I were you, I would get there as soon as you can get there. I like to be there when they open the classification and squadding windows. That way you do not have to hurry to get ready to shoot the first event of the day. Tom

3. The Stive

The Stive Member

Get there early at least by nine. John

4. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

The East banks fill up the quickest, and seem to be preferred. (Background)

If you don't care you should be OK at your time.

Regards....Gerald

5. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

I am not worried about where I shoot, or even if I am the last squad. I just didnt want to show up at 10am and be told it is too late to sign up for the first event. We are going for the experience of shooting at a nice facility, seeing vendors at a shoot, seeing some big names, and most importantly shooting with my parents from NJ. Ideally, I would show up at 8am, but that would mean waking up at 4am, which won't bode to well for the shooting either.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

That only happens at the Arizona State shoot ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Why not go to rjstuart.com and pre-squad. That way when you get there, just hit classification and cashier. Should be easy.

8. GROCERY GUY

GROCERY GUY Member

If this is your first experience at the Cardinal Center be standing in line before the doors open at the main building. This is a big shoot. Get one of those breakfast sandwiches after you classify. ( Just to the right of the main building doors). If you like pastries try one of the fritters ( they are huge ).This is a great place with great people enjoy every minute. If you need any shooting supplies stop in and see AJ's supplies. Glenn Allison

9. tincanman

tincanman Member

With a 10am arrival... I think you'll be too late to squad for first event of the day. See if you can pre-squad via links on Cardinal's webpage, if not too late.

10. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

I never pre squadded before so I have a question. If i presquad now, and select my priority to squad as "late", does this mean I go on the late squad as of squads already presquadded, or a later squad when everybody else is signed up. If by signing up later, I get put on a later squad, I will just wait to sign up. Also, does anyobdy have an idea how quickly the cardinal runs through events. I am thinking of presquadding with "later Squad" as my priority, and hopefully get there by 9 or 9:30 at the latest.

11. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

If you could come in the night before, it would be more enjoyable and take the pressure off.

Clyde

12. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

Clyde, I agree, but my family isn't getting into my place until late thursday night. Worst case scenario we will just leave early early morning, but I wanted to see if there were any other options. Being new to trapshooting, I set aside this summer to learn all of these type of things, without being concerned if it affects my scores. I have learned a bunch at smaller shoots, and midsize state shoots, and the cardinal will be my largest shoot attended this year. My hope is I will be comfortable with it all next year, and not let the process affect my scores. Looks like we are just gonna have to do a 5:30am departure time

13. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Based on past attendance, I would figure on 150 squads or so for Fridays singles. Starting time is 0900.....so I would think they would finish up around 12:30 or so.

14. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

Thanks you roger. I am doing the presquadding right now