1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cardinal Classic Championship Shoot at Ohio

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1oldtimer, Aug 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Reporting from Marengo,OH. The five day shoot is going nicely. Excellent weather in the 80's so far. A nice attendance is showing up with some Grand survivors and many big dog shooters. Some nice bargains at the vendors,Rio shells $45.99 per flat, magnum shot $27.99, Fiocchi primers $99.95 per 5,000,reclaimed shot $18.00 a bag. Most vendors seemed busy. I talked to many shooters from many states,asking them what they liked about Cardinal Center. Most replyed the easy access location at a major interstate highway, 10 minutes to the numerous motels & tons of restaurants. the campers liked the shady spots, shooters really appreciated the large sun shelters at every bank,the butter pecan ice cream is a must. Brad Dysinger showed he still knows how to shoot with a 99 from the back fence. His buddy Leo H. showed up thursday and knocked off a 99 handicap worth about $3,700. I talked to Leo and he said this place is lucky for him. He said he did not shoot all of the preliminary events at the Grand so he could save his self for Grand week,a real class guy! I don't shoot every event and like Antique shopping. Delaware,OH, about 30 min. from Cardinal Center, has some excellent Antique Malls which I found some bargains. If you need more entertainment,Columbus is near,all on major Highways. This is my Grand this year. Wife & I Having a relaxing time shooting,eating and shopping. What more could you ask for? Clyde Doll

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Sure, you are just trying to stir the pot because it was hot in Sparta and they won't have any trees for 100 years ... Butter pecan, what kind of trapshooter are you, its supposed to be Peach ice cream like they had at the grand ... I suppose the next thing you are going to tell us is its not raining and blowing in Ohio either ... Yeah right, you betcha ... Hope they have a good shoot ... Now, I do wish I was there (Honestly) but Doctors appointments come first ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

I am not trying to make comparisons. Just stating some facts if any one cares. Overall many shooters like it better over all than Vandalia or Sparta. I know I do. Just my 2 cents. Clyde Doll

4. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

So overall shooters like it more then Vandalia or sparta? So if there were 1000 shooters at the Cardianl Center then you must have talked to at least 600 to 800 of the shooters to get this result? I doubt it. I like both places but im sure your not representing the overall view of the shooters.
    Chris

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Definately unbiased opinions here. A true reflection of the masses.--Matt

6. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

I have shot at both, like both and will continue to shoot at both. Hoosier

7. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

27aa-- If you read my sentence right, I said overall MANY shooters,not all. If its more clear to you,of the shooters I taulked to. OK It looks like the Cardinal,Ohio bashers are detting desparate for material as usual. Clyde Doll

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Come on Oldtimer. Time to stop being such a "homer." Celebrating success and sticking it in other's asses is two different things. Grow up.

9. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Looks like a local to me young man ran his 200 singles today! Congrats to Sycamore's Sam Fike.

Willie Anderson had not missed a singles target all week going into today. rjstuart doesn't have the scoreboard up for today yet. Anybody know how Willie did?

Doug Allison

10. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Quote: "Come on Oldtimer. Time to stop being such a "homer." Celebrating success and sticking it in other's asses is two different things. Grow up."

Wow.....talk about "grow up"

This forum used to be good. Now it seems its just a bunch of whiners, bitchers, and troublemakers.

Oltimer went to a shoot and is having a good time. SOME folks like to hear about other shoots. You dont have to agree with him.......hell you dont even have to read what he has to say.

We all enjoy the sport (I think)....why all the hostility.

Man you guys gotta lighten up!!!!

11. Barry C. Roach

Mikkee. Your opinion's worth little without signing your name. Grown ups sign their names to editorial.

12. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

The Ohio bashers are out in force! Barry is in fine voice today. He is very over sensitive and protective of his Illinois,Sparta homeland. When he feels threatened he has to resort to vulgarity. Very typical of him. Say something civil and he turns it around. CED

13. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Barry: Just for you

Mike Heimann

14. Barry C. Roach

Typical. Old Timer is glad to take a poke at someone who objects to his smarmy little remarks here. He does this also without signing his own name. Brad Dysinger signs his name. He's a real man, not some trouble maker who can type.

Even if you tell us who you are now, it's too late. Few care what you think, who ever you are.

15. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

"Even if you tell us who you are now, it's too late. Few care what you think, who ever you are. "

LOL

Life's too short.

I rest my case.

16. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Everyone knows Barry,Mr. aggitater. Talks a lot,says very little. He has seen my name 20-30 times. He thrives on controversy, always on the wrong side though. At least I won't stoop to his level with vulgarity. Clyde Doll

17. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

When did the rain start down there today?
    Doug Allison

18. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

"Barry,Mr. aggitater". From now on, Barry's nickname is Tater for short.

I just have one question, why is the Cardinal Center giving away flashlights for trophies? Just wonderin'...

19. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Come-on, everyone knows it doesn't rain in Ohio and especially not at the Cardinal Classic. Its always 70*F Party Sunny with about 40 % humidity not to dry and not to moist year around at the Cardinal Center. Birds are thrown and fly perfect and there is never any mech. breakdowns with perfect scorers on every bank. Stop that foolish talk now.

"What time did the rain start today?" Hogwash that kinda talk is just silly.---Matt

20. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

'I just have one question, why is the Cardinal Center giving away flashlights for trophies? Just wonderin'...'

at the end of the shoot, they all sit around the campfire, turn on the flashlights, and the google earth satellites can spot them.....

and ol'timer can say "See!!!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cardinal classic trap shoot