1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cardinal Classic attendance up 28%

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by The Rock, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

The first Cardinal Center shoot (The Cardinal Classic) of the year was up 28% over last year. A total of 1235 shooters participated this year up 271 shooters over just last year.

Let's hope this carries over to the Grand, Ohio State, and Buckeye Classic shoots also. With fuel cost and the economy this is a great turn out.

Statistics: Provided by RJ Stuart Computer Services.

Rock

Jim

2. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

If not for the rain friday, I think it would be up over 300 shooters.

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

It would be nice to compare last year's split between in state and out of state shooters. It would be interesting to see how the increase split out. Barry

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Here you go Barry:

v10_2008_030333.jpg

The "unk" shooters are new shooters who are not yet in the database table that I have.

There were 100 TY12 (new member) shooters in attendance.

In TY11 there were 69 TY11 (new member) shooters in attendance.

5. Straight50

Straight50 Member

We were there! My first major trap shoot, and I had one heck of a good time, even in the rain. This was a first rate experience for us.

6. Barry C. Roach

I sure wish we could see that kind of in state shoot increase in Illinois. Chicagoland is where we need the most work but we need it all over.

7. Ron(Oh)

Ron(Oh) TS Member

Sorry to correct you Rock, But that was the Buckeye Classic, Cardinal Classic is August. At any rate both are great shoots....Ron

8. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

The only event that was not up with attendance was the singles on Friday. The other two events for that day were up slightly. Pouring down rain Friday morning and most of the shooters said "no thanks", I will just stay in the camper and keep dry and warm and skip the singles.

9. FRO

FRO Member

Attendance up at cardinal,Mid American and Southern Grand.Not sure about out west? Could this be from 2 yard reduction? or because the price of gas,reloading supplies and shells are so cheap.

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Handicap winners at the Buckeye were: 97 from 22.5 yards, 100 from 27 yards, 99 from 18 yards, 99 from 23 yards, and 99 from 23.5 yards.

One 27 yarder won. Don't know how many of the handicap winners took the 2 yard reduction, or got yardage before this shoot, but I'll bet the 2 yard reduction played a part in these scores.

11. Barry C. Roach

The shooting in AZ was, generally up for the winter. Tucson is doing very well with all the improvements and the weather has cooperated nicely. I don't know how well Ben Avery did this winter but I speculate that they were up similarly compared to Tucson, especially since they had the state shoot again this year.

Arizona is hard to get a good comparison because we have so few resident shooters. I don't know much about the smaller clubs, which is a shame, I should get to some of them.

It would be interesting to see the AZ target count once the year ends after the Grand.

12. ring3

ring3 Member

I was one of the newbies at the Buckeye. First time at any "Big" shoot. Got a camp site from a fellow here, packed the family and headed west.
    All of us had a great time. The wife and kids swam, fished and even shot a little practice. I got to shoot 6 events. Was the runner up in my class in a singles event.
    We all had a great time. The Cardinal Center in a fantastic place. Can't wait to go back next chance I get.

13. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Good for you Ohio. ['d join you guys If I still lived near Chicago. Columbus was and easy drive. Congrats to the organizers and the shooters.

14. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

It seems that all the shoots are way up attendance wise this year....the two yard reduction appears to be working as the ATA had hoped it would.

15. Cray

Cray Member

I heard , at a shoot last night, that Fishburn put in another bunker, a "car wash" for RV's and Emergency Center. Is this true? Cray

16. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

The rain,cool weather and high winds took its toll on me and many other shooters. I just don't enjoy shooting in extreme conditions anymore. Still a nice turnout for a trapshoot.
    Clyde Doll

17. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The Buckeye Classic is already larger than most Sattelite Grands and that says a lot for Mr. Fishburn and his and OSTA investments.

It is no wonder the ATA wanted the Cardinal to host a Sattelite Grand.

I am glad they refused the offer. Cardinal can offer a better shoot for less money.

This is not bashing the ATA it is just REALITY.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

18. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

However you want to twist it doc....<yawn>

19. bas

bas Member

Barry, the Autumn Grand, Spring Grand and the State Shoot were all up over the 2011 target year. The Spring Grand was up by a considerable amount and I would think this was due to the addition of the new traps, which brought their total to 50, eliminating the need to shoot 10/per post. We have not seen a decrease in participation/total targets thrown like so many other states have seen. Of course, that would have to be attributed to the trapshooters that winter here. In 2011, AZ ranked 4th in the nation for total targets thrown. IL, OH, PA, AZ...and, if you take out the Grand American targets from IL counts, they ranked 3rd. Oh, and I should mention, we only have 8 clubs hosting registered shoots, and only two hold shoots in July and August.

20. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

There is obviously a bit of anti ATA sentiment out their especially among Ohio and PA shooters. Could this may be some of the shooters that won't be attending the Grand this year? I'm glad Cardinal is doing so well.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.