1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cardinal Classic attendance numbers?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Aug 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Just curious, where are all the attendance comparisons as is always so vitally important for the Grand? Do we have the event by event 2009 to 2010 attendance evaluations in the works? --Matt

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I hope the numbers were up. The more registered targets in the air the better for competitive trapshooting. We are going to need the numbers folks whether at the Cardinal Center, Sparta or the many little club shoot all over the country.

Put those targets in the air anywhere! Competition is good for the sport!

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Very true "Barry" and i notice i refrained from any negative CC comments as they are counter productive. I did not start this thread for any negative hidden agendas. I was honestly just curious.---Matt

4. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

go out to rj stuarts websie and you can get akk the info you need for the grand and the cardinal. 180 squads of singles today.

5. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

According to the numbers from rjstuart.com for events 1-9=

2009 4,390 entries

2010 4,876 entries

Today's numbers might be down because of the rain that moved through today.

Up 10% is pretty good.

Doug Allison

6. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Why are the number of thrown targets up at Cardinal, when most others are down? Some shooters I taulked to were considering this their grand. I'm sure with the rain,todays numbers will be down. CED

7. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

It's in Ohio... look at the number of Ohio shooters who stay home....

Same as every year it's held.

9. TRAINWRECK

TRAINWRECK TS Member

Is it wrong for shooters to attend a shoot in their own State? I made the 5 hour trip on Wed and saw a lot of PA, NY, MI and KY names on the board. As I am sure you saw a lot of local states around Ill on the board at the Grand. I think shooter attend large shoots when they are in the area.

10. BigM-Perazzi

Not wrong at all trainwreck. Ohio is one of the if not the largest group of trapshooters in America. But, unlike you, they don't necessarily travel well.

11. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

No - there is never anything wrong with attending shots in your own area - that is what I do. What is going on here is a difference of opinion between those who want (to) and do attend the GA and those who want Sparta to fail and have a dream that the great phoenix of the CC will arise and save the day.

And then there are those who refuse to invest a little more driving time or take an airplane ride to get to Sparta and so they go to the CC and try to convince themselves and anyone else who will listen that the CC is actually better than the grand.

12. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

On another thread, somebody wrote that the Cardinal Center is only 5 miles from Sparta. That isn't true, is it?

13. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Yep, only about 5 miles, east on 229.
    Doug Allison

14. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Thanks, I knew that couldn't be true. We have driven all over that region looking for restaurants and sight seeing, so I'm sure we would have run across it if it were that close. :)

Gee, it wouldn't even be worth moving your camper from Sparta for that short of a distance, would it?

15. ohiomike

ohiomike Member

Tell you what, Gary Waalkes (and a few others too), let me PM you my address and you can send me the funds to attend next year's Grand.

I really don't want to shoot the whole Grand, really just a couple handicaps, maybe one doubles event, and if you are so inclined, include enough I can shoot the CTC.

You don't have to cover all the costs, as I will gladly KICK IN (INFLATION ADJUSTED, OF COURSE), THE AMOUNT THAT IT USED TO COST ME TO COMMUTE TO VANDALIA FROM SOUTHEAST OHIO AND SHOOT FOR 2-3 DAYS.

I accept checks, cash, and could probably even arrange a credit card transaction.

I swore that I wouldn't enter into the Sparta vs. Cardinal fray, and I still haven't, but open your freakin' eyes.

You sit in front of the computer and basically accuse Ohio shooters who don't go to Sparta of "refusing to invest a little more driving time or take an airplane ride to get to Sparta".

In the glass house you live in, maybe lack of "entertainment dollars" is not an issue, but in most of the houses of "Joe Average" shooter, it is just a fact of life right now. If Cardinal Center up and moves two states away, I can damn well assure you that they would lose a lot of Ohio shooters due to travel / hotel costs.

The Grand is not required for enjoyment of registered shooting. I absolutely wish no ill will to Sparta, but if the earth suddenly opened up and swallowed the whole complex, my life here in Logan would not be affected in the least...this is just a fact, sorry.

I had hopes of being able to attend the Grand at Sparta someday, but attitudes like yours tend to make me want to spend my coin a little closer to home.

Before you start the beat-down that I am probably not even a registered shooter, I have over 111,000 registered targets plus MANY more non-registered and practice.

Mike Humphrey

Logan, Ohio

ATA # 89-06011

16. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

No really, Sparta is only about 5 miles from the Cardinal Center. I'm talking about Sparta, Ohio. Where are you guys talking about?
    Doug Allison

17. Gary Waalkes

Mike Humphrey - Nothing against shooting at a big shoot close to home - if I had more time off and more money, I would also go the CC after the Grand. But I would not try to convince myself that the CC is was just as good or better than the GA. (P.S. - this is first time I have had a chance to go to the GA since it has been in Sparta Ill.)

18. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

The best shooting facility i have been to. FIRST CLASS OPERATION.

19. BigM-Perazzi

Waaaah... Hell, I drive farther and pay more to watch a NASCAR race......

20. Gary Waalkes

once people find out about the flashlight trophies, I am certain the crowds will mob the place next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.