1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cardinal Center

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by primer, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. primer

primer TS Member

The Cardinal Classic Championship Aug 20,21,22,23,24 was up 70%.

2. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

And your point is????????????

Ronbo

3. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Great for the Cardinal Center. A lot of people were wondering Sunday what the final attendance was like. Some don't get it!

4. everettjunior

everettjunior TS Member

Ronbo,

I am sure that bullfrog was just simply making a statement that trap shooting is still growing! Even during times when gas prices are high, shells are high, and money is tight. I personally think it is great that a new facility such as Cardinal Center is able to flourish so much! With this amount of growth the future is definitely looking bright. I personally hope that all clubs can grow as fast as Cardinal.

Everett F. Haley, Jr

PS: THIS IS NOT AN ARGUMENT ABOUT SPARTA VS CARDNIAL GET OVER IT AND DO NOT TAKE IT TO THAT LEVEL!

5. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

I would like to see the scores. Is it printed somewhere to read yet? Glenn

6. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Yes, it is a great facility, and we are very fortunate that Mr. Fishburn recognized an opportunity when it came by. Cardinal has given the PA, Ohio, Indiana and Ky, Vandalia Grand shooters a place to get together, again. Attendance will keep going up, as long as they put on the Top Notch shoots they have this year.

I saw a lot of foreign license plates this week. Neil was right, though, the Midwestern Grand attendance was replaced by the Big Muddy states, and that's OK, too. All things considered, we ended up with two great venues, that can only be good for our sport.

Kip

7. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Great to hear the shoot did so well. Looks like Ohio is taking a beating anyway and Dayton Ohio is one of the cities listed in the report in the article above!

FRedmon

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I'm not to sure there isn't a big city any where in the United States thats not taking a beating due to the United States being on the edge of a recession (or in a recession) according to a lot of things I been reading ... Hell, banks are closing, business's are closing, Car dealers are making all kind of consessions to dump inventory, houses are standing vacant after being walked away from because the buyers were so upside down they couldn't afford to try to get even ... The prices of homes are on a steady slide and dropping everyday and they still cannot sell them ...

The people at Cardinal Center proved that even against all odds they can get it done, and they did it "Big Time"... Congratulations to them, all the shooters should hope that they keep up the good work at Cardinal Center ... The plain and simple fact is that any shoot that increases its attendance with the economy in the shape its in has done something that is rare and will be even rarer (sp?) in the near future ... WPT ...(YAC) ...

9. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

repeteclay - Not sure what you are saying. do you think T&F always does (or should do) the work of a shoot reporter? If you don't send it in, it ain't getting printed.

10. kolar1

kolar1 TS Member

WAS THE SHOOT 5 CLASSES OR 6 CLASSES?.

11. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

It's on RJStuart.com

12. zinger

zinger Member

We just got home and I have to say that is one beautiful place to shoot!

13. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Congratulations to the Cardinal Center on a job well done!

14. steele

steele TS Member

Zinger, Linda & I went to Nova's. Great chow! Thanks for the heads up.

Butch

15. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

If your into Harleys, go to the Quaker Steak and Lube on Wednesday nights just off the Polaris exit on Rt 71. A couple thousand Harleys, outdoors band, good food and a good time. Write it down for next year.

16. OhioBob

OhioBob TS Member

Enjoyed all 5 days at Cardinal.....also the opportunity to try out the new bunker trap field. I would like to see an evening event offered in the future on this venue.

I'm more than a little surprised at the number of shooters who were either intimidated by it, or concerned it would affect their regular scores.

My daughter #2 just loved it and can't wait until next visit.

Bob

17. chessney

chessney TS Member

People complained that Ohio didn't step up to save the Grand. I guess this place took care of all the East coast shooters! I just hope next year the Cardinal don't plan a big shoot real close to Grand week or things might get bad at Sparta....Ziggy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.