1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cardinal Center - WOW

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Zoltan, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Here is a recap of the 2009 Buckeye Classic held at Cardinal Center.

Thursday first handicap 2008 - 156 2009 - 271 up 73.7%
    Thursday singles 2008 - 183 2009 - 274 up 49.7%
    Thursday second handicap 2008 - 191 2009 - 319 up 67.0%

Friday singles 2008 - 216 2009 - 379 up 75.5%
    Friday handicap 2008 - 264 2009 - 426 up 61.4%
    Friday doubles 2008 - 196 2009 - 293 up 49.5%

Saturday singles 2008 - 362 2009 - 541 up 49.4%

Sunday doubles 2008 - 270 2009 - 339 up 25.6%
    Sunday Handicap 2008 - 416 2009 - 504 up 21.2%

Overall the shoot was up 48.4% over the same 4 days of 2008. Went from a competition factor of 3 to 4 and next year with the shooters support could go to a factor of 5.

The next venue at Cardinal will be the Ohio State shoot. Some items of interest about the shoot.

Trapline has been increased to a total of 52 traps.
    Will have more entertainment going on during the shoot
    Fishing tournament all week with prizes for the tagged fish caught
    Corn hole tournament on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with with winning team receiving 2 flats of shells
    Our usual $3.00 hog roast for your eating pleasure
    Clays golf cart valued at over $ 8,000.00 will be raffled off during the shoot. Proceeds from this raffle will go to our OSTA foundation that awards scholarships to our youth.

More information on the shoot can be found at http://www.ohiotrap.org

Hope to see you there

Roger Edgington
    OSTA Director NE Zone
  2. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Aug 30, 2007
    And a great shoot it was.

The only concern, criticism, complaint??? I and some others had, was that the practice traps were closed by 12:30.

There were a few shooters wanting to try new guns from the dealers,others wanted to shoot practice.

I saw only 1 trap that was being used for make up.

This happened last year as well.

Any reason why this cant be changed for State?

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Jan 29, 1998
    The traps in front of the trees should be used for practice all the time about 3 of them, poorer background is the reason.

Management should definetly make this a permanent thing.

Designated as P-1 P-2 P-3 respectively one set up for doubles all the time.

Gary Bryant
  4. trapat

trapat TS Member

Sep 10, 2007
    Roger, Anyone who has shot the shoots at Cardinal knows why the numbers are up. It's a great plece to shoot! Jack Fishburn, his family and the rest of his staff along with Sue, Aden and other officers and directors from the OSTA continue to make Cardinal the great place that it is. Many thanks to all of them for their hard work. Anyone who has'nt shot at Cardinal is missing the opportunity for a great experience. See you at The State Shoot., Pat Christopher
  5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Roger, I could only shoot Thursday and Friday. It was well organized and and a great time. So far, only 2 complaints, and those are both regarding practice trap. Thats good too.

Could you do something about wind when I shoot handicap?
  6. steele

steele TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    The section of trees by the practice/shoot-off traps are because of a protected wetland area. EPA says there is some type of nearly extinct critter living there. If it wasn't for that, they could add another2-3 traps. Inquiring minds want to know.
  7. trapp2012

trapp2012 Member

Apr 14, 2009
    I love shooting at the Cardinal Center its a well run gun club. The trap setters do what they need to do with little complants from the shooters. Mr.fishburn and his family opening there arms to the ATA and the OSTA to let us (the ATA) use his facilities. And the rest of the crew down there do one hell of a job to keep it running..

My doubles scores may have been bad over the weekend at the Buckeye Classic but singles where normal and handicap was ok Friday and Sunday handicap was outstanding the 99 I broke brought in 500 buks, 2 yards, and champion.....
    Targets were great throughout weekend.....
  8. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Jul 6, 2009
    NW Ohio
    You guys have me to thank for the nice weather. The only day I could shoot was Wednesday and it rained. I have only shot ATA twice and this place is great! I will be back for the State shoot later this month. I did get into the trophy hunt with a D class win in singles (98). A nice cold beer tatses wonderful out of that mug.
    Doug Allison
  9. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    MORE TRAPS Jack!!
  10. clayman51

clayman51 Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Congrats!! to Bobby Moore for his outstanding shooting as a subjunior at the Cardinal Center Buckeye Classic. He took home 9 Awards. Keep up the good work!! Bobby is one of our AIM shooters from Northern Ky.

Dennis & Sharon Menning
  11. monroesc

monroesc Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Congratulations to Nate Stabinski for winning Sunday's handicap with a 99 and a win in the shoot-off! Way to go!!

NE Zone Director
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.