1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cardinal Center-Vendor mall update

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Roger Brenner, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

I stopped by the Cardinal Center today. With the Cardinal Classic just finished as of Sunday evening, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the new Vendor mall buildings were underway. All of the survey/location stakes were set and the relocation of some of the underground utilities was in progress. The layout looked great and the buildings will be another nice addition!! Roger

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Have you talked them into a fork lift or conveyor belt to your spot? Zimme is getting older every year.

3. smoke-um

smoke-um Active Member

I just got home from the Cardinal 19 hour drive but well worth it great place to shoot and very nice people the only thing they might add would be a pattern board for us gun whores.

4. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

The Sporting Clays course is also coming along nicely.

The clubhouse is due to be finished next month and if I recall, the person said its going to be 2000-2500 square ft. with a large fireplace.

Also a covered 5 stand course is planned.

Ohio shooters have been blessed with a person such as Jack Fishburn.

Regards......Gerald

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Yes, God Bless Mr. Fishburn.....

<a href="http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php" title="Smiley">[​IMG]</a>

6. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Awsome place to shoot and yes we are very very lucky! Rooferbob Can't wait to see the new mall Great news Roger.

7. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Setterman (aka sitting man) Zimmie said that the daily workout helps cleanse the demons from the night before-it is part of his training program.

There are two buildings staked to the west of the CEB building. I understand the lineup to be: a few mobile vendors followed by the first vendor building followed by a couple of more mobile vendors. Next there will be a cart path/road to connect the trap line and parking lot, followed by a couple more mobile vendors followed by the 2nd vendor building. The layout should work really well for the shoppers and vendors. Roger

8. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I just wanna know when they're gonna add another one or two shoots! Way too nice a place to just have 3 shoots a year. Maybe a fall shoot of some kind right before Missouri??

Jeff

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

We shot the sporting clays course Sat., then shot Bunker trap. The Sporting Course and building has great possibilities. Covered porch just out side the woods, and large. The course is unlimited. I would expect the Ohio Cup soon and maybe the US Open at sometime.

Derrick Mein is running the SC club. He is already well known in the Sporting circuit. A second course is already planned, as well as a FITASC course and 5 stand. Add the camping and close entertainment, and the Ohio SC guys have a SC mecca.

10. zimmie

zimmie Active Member

Setterman, I still owe u that beer, I will get it to u next year after brad drinks all the old up and we can start with fresh.
    Roger, it was good to help u out, a little sweat does the body good. zimmie

11. The Stive

The Stive Member

I would also like to see another event at the Cardinal. Perhaps in Oct. I
    know that the school kids for trap help would be a stretch. With the economy
    the way it is and unemployment high,maybe some people might like a little
    work. Hey it could happen. John

12. Kyle Spieles

Kyle Spieles Member

"build it and they will come" :)

13. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

FYI, I have been told (and I ask a lot of the kids) that the kids are all home schooled. So, that being said, they would have no problem getting kids for a fall shoot. The vendor setup should really be nice. Notice how smooooooth and faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast things move when you do not have to deal with the state and politians to get some money!! If it makes SMART BUSINESS sense, just get-r-done. Ya got to love it!!!!!

14. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

roger. I believe that some of the stakes may be for a new central entry building. They told me a new building someplace west or near the outside eating area was planned and will be 3 times as large as the one that is now in place. I also heard rumors that the present building might be a restaurant. Then cross the driveway and the new vendor mall will be built. Really nice place to meet friends and first class at that. We should also take a moment for a prayer for Jacks wife that is in and out of treatment and hope she gets better soon. Tough times for a nice family. motordoc

15. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

Mrs. Fishburn was in the hospital last week. They had a nice big card for the shooters to sign last week.

16. dverna

dverna Active Member

GoldEx,

I agree!!! They should add one or two more shoots a year. I shot all three shoots this year and plan on attending all of them next year as well. Even "booked" a spot for the new 5th wheel while at the Cardinal Classic last week. It is a great venue and the people are excellent.

Next year I will bring the "little gun" (28 ga) and shoot some SC.

Also, motordoc is correct. One vendor building and a new CEB.

Don Verna

17. kolarbabe

kolarbabe TS Member

First year at the Cardinal Center and wow am I impressed.
    The staff,the food,the targets along with the facilities are the best I have seen.
    I even liked the gift shop in the Resturant
    I overheard a conversation while eating there that next year they are haveing tv's installed so we can watch for our squad to come up what a neat idea.
    Cheers to all and see you there again Next Year
    Kolarbabe

18. tweety1

tweety1 Member

Roger, thanks again for the update on the vendor building:)

19. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

The Cardinal just keeps getting better!! At the end of June this year there was no sporting clay course, just plans. At the end of August, course was up and running. Beautiful club house almost completed. This spring they talked about building some vendor buildings. Did not want to disrupt the flow of the shoots this year. So they get all the plans finished and approvals in place. Two days after the last shell is fired they are working on the buildings. It would be nice if someone who lives in that area would take some pic's every couple of weeks and post them on this site. I would love to see the construction in progress.

Just think, if the ATA-HOF had accepted the offer for FREE GROUND AND MONEY to build a new HOF building last year in the area of the Cardinal Center it would have been up and operating this year already. Now it is still just at best a dream since we have got to deal with a state that is broke and will not have money to fund this project until most current trapshooters are dead and that is a maybe at best. What a shame for our trapshooting future.

By the way, yes, I am an Ohio shooter, I have leasted a premium campsite in Sparta for 10 YEARS and have attend the grand in Sparta every year. Plan on attending again next year. I sure hope it is not as hot next year. GET-R-DONE.

20. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

All kinds of shooters like BIG PAPA and myself attend both shoots, the Grand and the Cardinal Center and would enjoy the HOF no matter where it is. I can't see why the ATA feels it has to be with the Grand.

With the Cardinal Centre growing as fast as it is in size and attendance and drawing big crowds several times a year not just once a year like the Grand does. More people would get to see the trapshooting history on display at the HOF. on the CC. grounds than they ever would in downtown Sparta.

Shooters are not going to visit the HOF. in downtown Sparta after long hot 100 degree days. They are too busy driving 30 miles back to their hotels or looking to get to the few restaurants before the rest of the crowd arrives.

The HOF. in downtown Sparta would be empty 51 weeks of the year. The only place it would get any use would be on the WSC. property and they don't have the money to build it there. Why would we waste ATA money buying a place there when they have a great offer to get it built for them in a place where more people will honestly use it regularly. The HOF. will not draw any extra visitors to the Grand.

Terry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.