1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cardinal Center Rocks-Up 17.3%

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by oleolliedawg, Aug 26, 2013.

1. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Having just returned from CC last night I can assure everyone the place rocks. Great people in charge, good targets, fine local restaurants and no shortage of excellent nearby lodging. This place should continue to be a destination shooting venue for all.

Nice to see entries were up 17.3% in spite of the proclaimed fact the Sparta Grand was off 8% because of the economy. I suppose it's time we admit Spartas' issues are not solely economy based contrary to what BIGDON and others continually spout. "If you build it they will come" but only Fishburn got it right!!

2. Ross Randall

Ross Randall Member

We got back home last night as well.

I just got back into shooting a year ago. My friend also started again last fall. We had both taken a 15+ year layoff due to different reasons.

I went to the Ohio State shoot and was very VERY impressed with what I saw there. I bought a camper within a week of coming home from that one. I used it at this shoot and before my friend and I left we both got camping spots for all 3 shoots for next year.

It was kinda funny cause on one of the squads we shot on, 4 of us had started shooting again in the last year.

I did not win any big money but I did have fun.

Ross Randall

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

In Big Don's defense, he only calls them as "he" see's them ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

This is the "Grand" for more shooters year after year. Location-Location-Location!

Clyde

5. illusion

illusion TS Member

Get yer POPCORN and PEANUTS right here!!!!!!!!!

NO it isn't and it will never BE.

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

"Anytime someone talks in percentages, ask to see the raw numbers, all of them."

The last 5 3/4 years taught us that much.

Bob Falfa

7. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Attended my first CC shoot last week, could only shoot Tues, and Wed. but ran a 100 on the first event.
    The place is great, targets, vendors, food, lodging. I think the only thing Sparta has over the Cardinal is the events center, everything else I'd rate as equal.
    It's 3 hours closer for me and I don't have to fight the Chicago traffic on the way down. I'll be back.

8. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Where is grntitan!? I am sure he can put a negative spin on this good news! Tom Rhoads

9. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

This year's program had 300 more targets (one more day) than last year's program.

The Championship events were up 26 entries, year over year. A little more than 1%.

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Don't let facts spoil a fine tale...

11. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Allmost 1000 shooters on Saturday. Great place to shoot.

12. John55

John55 Active Member

Ha, the numbers won't lie. Up or down, I'm happy for everyone attending that the shoot went well and it sounds like a wonderful place to shoot. BUT it isn't the Grand and never will be, just enjoy it for what it is.

13. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

There are many clubs on my favorites list. Cardinal Center positively is number one. Sparta may make the top ten or just below. Just my two cents. ed nichols

14. DIXIE SPECIAL 25

DIXIE SPECIAL 25 Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80... TS Supporters

I certainly enjoyed myself at the CC. It's my "grand" also... thats my choice.. Not bashing Sparta, I just like the convience of the local ammendities that are close to the CC. Ruths Chris steak house is just 12 minutes from my hotel... :) Someday I will make it to Sparta..

15. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

What does the fishburn center have to do with the world shooting center at Sparta? They are two separate sites, why lump them together?

16. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Hunter, the reasons as old as the Toledo border war...

17. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

hunter,

The grand moving from Ohio will never set well with those who had it in their back door. Now that they have to travel like the rest of the world it seems life isn't fair anymore.

18. niagara

niagara TS Member

This news is great for those living near Sparta.

I am sure they are looking for funds to prop-up their shoot. The CC is providing those funds.

The CC will continue to grow but I don't know how long the membership is going to allow the org to rob Peter to pay Paul.

19. niagara

niagara TS Member

hunter,

You have to lump the two sites together since the Sparta site needs the Cardinal funds in order to continue.....although it is on life support now.

20. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

"No, it isn't the Grand and never will be". If the Sparta Grand keeps losing 8% of it's entries each year while CC gains 17%, when will it no longer be reality? Someone do the math!!

Search tags for this page

content