1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cardinal Center Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GBatch_25, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I know approximately where Cardinal Center is and wonder if anyone out there can tell me what kinds of hotels / motels are close?
    Thanks.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

2. monroesc

monroesc Member

All kinds. Columbus is just south of the Cardinal Center and has every hotel under the sun. The easiest way to find them is to probably go to expedia or orbitz and enter Mt. Gilead or Sunbury and it will show you all kinds of them. When I go down there for meetings I like to stay at the La Quinta in Mansfield which is about 20 miles north.

3. white rattler

white rattler Member

Where was this place when the ATA had to move. Trevor Dawe.

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Here we go!

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn in Sunbury which is approx. 9 miles south of the Cardinal Center just off I-71. At the same location there is a Holiday Inn and a Days Inn (both appear to be well kept).

Go another 8 or 9 miles south and you'll hit the Polaris Center where there is another 10 + hotel/motels and an abundance of restaurants and retailers.

I've never stayed north of the Cardinal Center, so I can't help out as to what's there.

Curt

6. Banser1

Banser1 TS Member

Also check out Polaris Mall area. Approx 10 miles (2-3 miles farther than Delaware) South of CC off 71. Easy straight drive. Many hotels/motels various prices. Motel we stayed at priced less than same in Delaware area. All types of food to choose from and many restaurants surrounding mall.

7. pdq

pdq Member

Lots of good info.

Any recommendations on full service hotels with on-site restauarants?

Pete

8. steele

steele TS Member

2 Exits south, Polaris Mall area, has any hotel/motel, restuarant, you could ask for. I stayed at the Hampton at Sunbury several times, but had issues with cleanliness. I went to the Hampton at Palaris Parkway, with excellant facilities. An extra 10 min drive, but surrounded with everything you can imagine. My better half has a PHD in mall shopping, & she loves the Polaris mall. 2 more exits south is a HUGE outdoor shopping complex, I think it is the Easton Mall, again, with any kind of food you could want. I keep thinking Mr Fishburn had some female input, when he conjured up Cardinal Center. Butch

9. TjayE

TjayE Member

SSeitz007 (Gene)

I would recommend any hotel/motel at the Polaris Mall. About a 15 minute drive south of the Cardinal Center. Tom E.

10. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

I've stayed in all of the Sunbury Hotels and found nice and clean, but I found an online listing for the Hilton At Easton Columbus that looks very upscale. I think it has eveything. It wasn't the only full service hotel that came up with a simple search.

TNCoach

11. smokinbuck

smokinbuck Member

TNCoach,
    I live in Columbus and can tell you that the Easton Hilton is at least a 4* if not a 5.
    Mark

12. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Thx for all the input. I may go there this Spring.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

13. dverna

dverna Active Member

Gene,

GO!!!

It is a great venue and well run. I am from Michigan so this is not Buckeye BS.

I plan on attending all their shoots this year.

Don Verna

14. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if there any plans for skeet fields @ Cardinal?

15. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Hope not! I don't have high enough heels! Tom Rhoads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.