1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

cardinal center/ohio state shoot..

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kolar1, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolar1

kolar1 TS Member

After just returning from the OHIO state shoot,some constructive criticism,without rancor, is warrented for this beautiful & modern location.
    A- Food vendors need to be increased,especially on sat of singles championship.
    B- Golf carts have to have rules of operation.
    C- O.S.T.A Have to rectify this shoot from 5 classes to 6.
    D- This state shoot,should have R/U not just winner for Non Res in class &
    catagory.
    E- Office hours were not uniform,would close at different hours.

2. kolar1

kolar1 TS Member

3. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Added to above a few of my observations and comments from a few out of state shooters:

Some scorers are not paying attention. Quite a few broken targets called lost.

Broken targets from machine were not called... No Target. (My squad)

A few more referees needed. Some squads with less than 5 shooters were waiting too long to find out how many people were on the squad.

A new person was in charge of the help this year, and in my opinion, it was a little lacking.

Otherwise a great shoot. Looked to be largest yet.

Regards.....Gerald

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the newt moved.

5. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

It's so easy to complain when you don't sign your name.

Tom Strunk

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

It's so easy to complain when you don't sign your name .

SO YOUR POINT IS ????

7. vpsr6

vpsr6 Member

Being my first time at the facility it is definitely a beutifull place and throws a great target, the squads were on time, moved fast and the time between events was managed well. I liked the amount of vendors with ammo availability along with anythimg else you needed. I think the food choices and availability could be improved (the hog roast was good though) maybe some local outside vendors to give some variety and less waiting on crowded days. I did hear a lot of people talking about the top dogs and where all the big money went, wouldn't AAA help that? Yes it would be nice to have some more non-res trophy's and $ some people drive a long way to attend this state shoot.
    I don't see the above as complaints but more so as constructive comments to help our shoots and experience in this sport continually advance.

Thanks Vic

8. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Just checked the program on rjstuart.com for the trophy list. It appeared that the non resident trophies were a mirror image of the resident trophies. Not sure you can get more fair than that.
    I agree that a few more food vendors would be a good thing. Cant ever have too much food.
    Scorers were a bit lacking....you had to watch pretty close.
    Overall a great event!

9. shamlin

shamlin Member

This was my 3rd year attending this shoot and my only concern is centered around the target setting. Taking into consideration the wind, the targets were just way to inconsistent from trap to trap; high, low, fast, slow, wild! I heard that in all previous years the OSTA Directors were responsible for setting traps, but this year they hired it out. Well I for one noticed it. Bank 1 for example, first 3 traps were decent, then you get on the last trap and the targets were far out of regulation (high). I spoke with someone who said that the hired help used protractors to set the trap heights. I can't imagine that this is the proper way to set those machines as not all the traps throw the same targets.

10. The Stive

The Stive Member

I enjoyed the Ohio State Shoot. I think president J.T. Evans and his team did a great job. I look forward to this shoot all year. I have no complaints.
    John

11. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I wish someone could find this guy and bring him to the Cardinal Center....dang those sausage sandwiches were good!!

Curt

[​IMG]

12. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The Butcher's Block at Sparta surpasses Johnson's sausage cart. The Butcher's Block not only has excellent sausages, but I'm told that the home-made cobbler and peach ice cream is fantastic. Being diabetic I've avoided that so far. Might have to try it this year though.

13. Tbonz411

Tbonz411 TS Member

I'll second that one Curt!

I will also have to second the comment about the carts. People use some common sense!

14. vdt

vdt Active Member

all the people who attend this great facility should pinch them selves ,where in the world could you ever find such a fine man who would put out such money to give us a great place to shoot and it is growing every year ,and there are tuff times out there ,look around .....vdt
    Victor Tomlinson

15. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

We had some nasty wind and weather at this shoot. It always makes the targets more difficult. Try setting uniform targets in variable winds! Seems someone broke 100 caps in the wind?

16. bubba at ohio

bubba at ohio TS Member

thats not true same people has set all the targets at the cardinal for 3 years now no new people ron and his crew do the best they can for the wind that we get when targets are set there is always no wind by 10 here comes the wind and for doubles in rthe afternoon it is always blowing so u cant set targets perfect i am sure they will let u try if u want

17. federal paper

federal paper TS Member

We shot some low ones,our own fault. We then decided to have several traps reset. When we called the setter to the trap he looked at the targets and raised them 2 notches,and was happy to do it. So as Isee it anyone who shot bad targets it was there own fault.

18. eperry

eperry Member

Was our second year attending and thought it was well run again. More food on site is a good idea. My only issue this year was no water was available at all the banks. I asked for water and it never came. Was told there was water at another bank but it was gatorade, not the stuff to pour over your head. Was surprised with the high temps that this was not available, I do not remember that happening last year. Also the golf cart problems from last year were much improved form last year.

19. kolar1

kolar1 TS Member

boost

20. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

I think it is an awesome place and it will continue to get more awesome. If you have been there from the start you can see how far we have come in a few short years. I am very happy to live within an hour of the Cardinal Center. Thanks to Aden Kaufman and the Fishburns, I had a great couple days at your place!!

Gold Finger, I don't think you'll need many boosts. This one will get some play on its own.

I remember that cart at the Grand when it was in Ohio. It would do well at the Cardinal Center but I bet the Fishburns could make some great sausage if they tired. Everything else they touch turns out great.

Doug Allison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
best campsites cardinal center trap shoot
best shoot to attend at the cardinal center trap shooters forum
cardinal center ohio state shoot
ohio state cardinal trapshoot

ohio state trap shoot cardinal center