1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cardinal Center Numbers

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Zoltan, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

The attendance for Cardinal Classic is way up so far this year over last year.

Singles up 22.6% over last year

Handicap up 24.1% over last year

Doubles up 47.0% over last year.

All of this without offering AAA class, the additional new categories and no Great Eastern purse.

You can look the info over at the www.rjstuart.com website

Roger Edgington

2. GROCERY GUY

GROCERY GUY Member

It looked like that the last two days Roger. We talked to people from New York, Wisconson, Texas( not Matt)West Virginia,Pa. The father and son duo from West Virginia needed to borrow some tools for some emergency stock work. It was another great day at the Cardinal Center. We are very lucky to have such a nice place to shoot. Glenn Allison

3. blacklab

blacklab Member

I have talked to several people who say that to them this is their Grand.

4. HUNTER64

HUNTER64 Member

What numbers are you looking at, when I look at RJ the second day of 2012 was over 600 in singles and caps. If you look at 2013 the numbers are not. I was just wondering if the numbers are correct.

5. mhill76

mhill76 Member

Zoltan,
    You might want to take a closer look at the attendance numbers to make a fair comparison.

2012 2013

event 1 - 393 event 1 - 300

event 2 - 443 event 2 - 327

event 3 - 249 event 3 - 211

event 4 - 680 event 4 - 482

event 5 - 639 event 5 - 551

event 6 - 677 event 6 - 362

R J Stuart is comparing 2012 events 1,2 and 3 with 2013 events 4, 5, and 6.
    The final attendance in 2013 may end up being greater than 2012, but from the numbers above I seriously doubt that will happen.

Take Care and Shoot Well,

Marty Hill

6. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

Just to clear up any confusion. This year the Cardinal Classic added an extra day. Therefore Tuesday was not part of 2012 Cardinal Classic and had nothing to compare 2013 with other than to say attendance was up 100% for that day.

If you compare Wednesday of 2012 and Wednesday of 2013 the attendance increase in reflected correctly.

Another check of the RJ Stuart will prove that point.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Roger Edgington

7. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

I met a couple of guys from new oleans, mississippi and maryland. the southern guys were all traveling together and just left the grand. First time here and they were having a great time. motordoc

8. niagara

niagara TS Member

Cardinal up 30%..?

Makes one wonder what would happen if they had $100K added monies from the ATA.

9. mike680

mike680 Member

I'm here from new jersey for the first time and I am extremely happy! Will be making this an annual event fro now on.
    Mike V

10. romie

romie Active Member

Good news to hear it's up.Wish I could be there..... not sure where the figures are comming from but I hope it stays up.
    Monty

11. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

The Cardinal Center is indeed a great place to enjoy shooting.

Matt Nicol

12. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

The JR web site total number of shooters was for all practical purposes the same for this year as last year.

SHOWS

1,415 shooters in 2012 and 1,402 shooters this year.

Down by 13 shooter over last year.

With the way things are today ( lead up, gas up. ) that is a great number.

Rock

Jim

13. niagara

niagara TS Member

Rock....

Except your post was on Saturday!

THEY HAD 1 MORE DAY LEFT. At the end of Saturday's shoot they could have cancelled the next two events and still been even with last years turn out.

The numbers are way up....yippee!

14. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Niagra -

Per the other thread, the numbers were up just over 1 percent for like events. The overall number is up because they added a day to the shoot this year.

Scott

15. niagara

niagara TS Member

Scott..

1415 vs 1497

UP!

16. scott calhoun

Niagara -

I was referring to the number of entries, not the number of shooters.

The number of shooters isn't the significant number, as there is no income associated with a shooter. There is only income when a shooter goes to the cashier window. You could have 1500 shooters, but if each shooter only shot 1 event the "numbers" would be way down. Likewise, fewer shooters doesn't always mean lower "numbers".

I look at it this way - which would you rather have more of, shooters or entries. Entries pay the bills.

Scott

17. niagara

niagara TS Member

Scott

You are certainly using our ATA leaders logic with the following statements...

"there is no income associated with a shooter."

and then you ask the silly question as to whether I would rather have more entries or more shooters.

The Cardinal Center will continue to grow by attracting more shooters. That is the success of the CC. More shooters-more shooters-more shooters. It isn't complicated.

The ata focus (like yours) has been neglecting the shooter numbers. Hence we are only a shell of the org we used to be. We are down 60,000 shooters but by your standards all is well. Great insight Scott.

More shooters rock!

18. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

There were definitely more "drive ins" than last year. It was hard to get back to the camper with all the vehicles parked along the traps and drives.

Many people left mid week due to school starting or taking kids to college. By Friday there were open camping sites.

19. scott calhoun

Niagara -

I think you misunderstood the meaning of my post. All I'm trying to say is that from a purely economic perspective, it doesn't matter how many shooters show up. What counts is how many times they go to the cashier window. Clubs all over the country would go out of business if shooters showed up but didn't shoot.

Clearly more shooters showing up is better, but even better than that is getting more shooters to shoot more events. Shooter numbers are important, I never said they weren't - but going to the cashier window is most important.

Part of the issue is that everyone wants to compare numbers. Comparing doesn't do any good, nor does it prove anything, nor does it solve any problems. Especially comparing venue A to venue B. Year-to-year comparisons for a specific shoot can be useful, but it doesn't matter if venue A was up 5 percent while venue B was down 5 percent - unless you are trying to "win" some sort of a contest or convince people that someone else has "lost".

Scott

20. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

Be careful Scott your making sense.ATA logic ? Give me a break.If that's what makes you happy Niagara.The Grand had more shooters than last year but they shot less targets.I guess in your mind that's a great thing?Don't think when they don't pay to shoot it helps much on the money end, now does it?