1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cardinal Center Banks

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jcduckhunter417, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcduckhunter417

jcduckhunter417 TS Member

I would just like to thank the Fishburn family for all of the hard work and money that they have put into this facility.
    It is unfortunate that they are dealing with trap shooters, and they will complain about anything! (If they won any money, it probably wasn't crispy enough for them.)
    All of the talk about which banks are the best:
    I have shot every bank at Cardinal Center since it has opened, and I think they are all fair and their is nothing you can do with what mother nature grows in the background. Bank 5 is the "DREADED" bank that nobody wants, and I shot this bank for all 3 championship events. 199 Singles, 99 Doubles, 95 Handicap.
    You cant do anything about backgrounds, weather, or sunlight. I am just very thankful for all of the hard work and effort that everyone has put forth for this top notch facility!
    Thanks
    Joe

2. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

My husband and friends had the pleasure to go out to the Ohio State Shoot and just raved about the grounds and all that goes with it. So much so we are planning to go out in August. He's a hard sell!!!! I can't wait to go and be a part of the excitement!!!!

3. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

I agree with Joe (love the line about the crispy bills). Trapshooters will complain about ANYTHING.

But they save their best for when a facility closes - then they really kick into gear. Too bad they can't turn all that energy into something positive for the sport (including spreading goodwill and the positive attributes about the shooting sports).

AS crazy as this sounds has anybody broached he idea of a fence out on bank 5? It might not shield all the structures from view but it might help with moving equipment.

Personally i think we should just shoot the targets, regardless of settings, regardless of weather, regardless of visible distractions. Good shooters, I mean really good shooters don't worry about any of that stuff. They just let the scoreboard do all the talking.

4. dverna

dverna Active Member

ffwildcat,

The really great shooters pick banks that give them every advantage possible. They are professionals.

The "good shooters" never get to that level because they do not sweat those kinds of details.

Don Verna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.