1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cardinal Center 22 23 24 25 26

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by KelleyPLK, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

What a great place to shoot ! I wish the Grand could be held once again in Ohio
    I look towards the Vandilia exit everytime I place it on I 75 going south . What memories
    comes from that Facility , I wonder how we let that fall through our fingers in the ATA . Vandillia/ Dayton have to be hurting since it was swept away wonder how much these two areas lost . Sparta Il gained alot but we lost MORE in Ohio .

Sad

Pat Kelley

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

So, ya think Vandalia Dayton area is really hurting because the Grand is no longer there? You gotta be kidding.

GneJ

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

"I wonder how we let that fall through our fingers in the ATA". Didn't the airport kick the ATA out?

I'm sure the rest of the country will be pleased to know that the Vandalia/ Dayton area is the only place hurting in this economy.

I've never shot at either place but the Cardinal Center is on my bucket list.

4. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

Just got back from The Cardinal Classic.

Great place!

Adios, Dirk

5. The Stive

The Stive Member

The Cardinal Shooting Center is a great place to shoot. I look forward to the
    three shoots there every year. I wish that there more shoots there. October
    would be great. John

6. 8point

8point Member

Went to the classic for the first time. Excellent shoot, well run, but the worst excuse for trophys I ever saw since shooting from the year 1979. Stationary and envelopes for 99 in handicap. (4th place)

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

look at the bright side.

If Vandalia still existed, most likely there would be no Cardinal Center.....

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

8point,

For what it's worth, I heard someone complaining at the Grand this year that all they got for their Prelim runner-up trophy was a fancy ink pen set. Maybe you and he could get together and write some letters. LOL

9. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

This is one of the best places to shoot ... I didn't know we only shot for trophies I thought is was the win itself and the yardage!!!! I have used only a few of the prizes in my life most are just to look at !!! will stand by them this is a great place and great people run it!!!!

10. 8point

8point Member

You know 100after9, when you get to be my age and your shooting career is winding down it's nice to look on your mantel and reminisce about where and for what you won that clock or silver platter or trapbag for. tough to display stationary with a plastic sticker on it.

11. 8point

8point Member

Thanks trapboy1957

12. jimctrap

jimctrap Member

when i started shooting in the 70's trophies were silver buckles leather shell bags cases of shells some shoots even shot guns now they are mostly all crap
    jim

13. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Jim. Consider the rising costs of running a shoot. Labor, equipt maint.,targets, management, taxes, utilities, at the end of the list is the profit. Usually very little even with the current prices. There was a time when we shot for new autos. To do that today would mean an extreme entry per shooter for the car option alone with enough shooters to gurantee at least the price of the car. I don't see anyone donating a new car for the promotional advertising. Heck, now I see shoots giving away flashlights and stationary
    The silver buckles and the leather bags have escalated in cost also. You once shot trap with a hundred dollar gun and were happy. Now, you see fifteen thousand dollar guns on the line that arrived in quarter million dollar motor homes.
    I'd like to see the old days return but the chances of that happening are zero to none. Enjoy what we have, even if it isn't the best.

Big Jack

14. porky

porky TS Member

The truth of the matter is that the membership let the ATA exec's convince them that they could do a better job and took control of the ATA by eliminating the vote of the membership about matters as well as the ownership of the ATA.

And as an after thought, the ATA sold the land to the Dayton airport. The ATA owned the land to begin with. At the time that the sale of the land to the airport went through, the ATA could have sold all the land and moved to another facility nearby, because all the land was open around there, and re-established itself. The ATA probably bought a lot of guns,trips and dinners with the money from the sale of the land because the ATA didn't seem to put any of it into long term investments.

15. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Jimctrap
    You should just shoot practice rounds. Cheaper & no junk trophys to worry about.
    1OT

16. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Get-R-Done, pretty old bait. Wish you the best on your expedition.

17. porky

porky TS Member

P-master Sadly, it's the truth. No need to look for an expedition. Wish we had had better leaders then spenders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.