1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Car worth waiting for?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chatbrat, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

There has to be some automotive insiders out there. I don't need a new vehicle right now. If my old chevy dies we'll stick with one car until something really great is available. I heard Honda is coming out with a diesel Accord that will give 62 mpg. Love to see our companies come out with something really different instead of rehashing old stuff. I don't really see that much difference between my old Lumina & a new Lucerne- ( thats why we bought an Azera)---Phil

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I saw news story the other day on MSN about a 150 mpg German diesel. In production for Europe 2008, USA 2009. Cost Europe $22K, USA $30K (due to safety requirments) 2200 lbs, 4 seater, Looks like a Saturn. Maybe I'll wait until 2009.

3. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

All these high milage cars will just drive the gas prices up even higher. I forsee $7-8 a gallon or higher if thses cars getting 40+ mpg are produced. The oil producing countries won't stand for losing money. Maybe the earth will be a bit greener but the people who cannot afford new high milage cars are going to be hurting even more.

4. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

Hey hoggy, "If you got it. Flount it."...................Roger

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Innovation and technology is designed here and refined and copied in the Pacific rim. hat said if your going to buy a car that you want to be trouble free and meet the claims made; buy a Toyota, Honad or a Nissan product. These vehicles are for the most part trouble free.

6. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

Amen, hoggy. I've always maintained that no matter how high you can get your gas mileage the oil co.'s will just up the price .If every vehicle in the country suddenly got 100 mpg the oil co.'s would raise the price to 10-15 dollars a gallon.

7. chessney

chessney TS Member

I beg to differ with you guys that think that the price of gas will go up if they make higher mpg cars..It's called supply and demand. Look at the price of lead.The chinese are buying it all up and the price goes higher. Last summer they came up with the idea that if everyone used one gallon of gas a week less. The price would drop...Ziggy

8. 682b

682b Member

Trappy, when did you get you license? Sometimes it is better to not jump in but just hang around the edge and watch.

9. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Ziggy--- Do you actually believe the oil barons will ever take any loses for the public good? Dream on.

10. 682b

682b Member

Trappy you have my sincere congratulations for not causeing any injurys. Not very many of us can honestly say we made it to age 21 without a wreck of some kind. I did not. I hope you lucks holds out while you develop your driving skills. Corporate America may be out sourcing our manufacturing and the jobs that go with them, but I truly feel we do still build safe and innovative cars and trucks. Remember this is America. We can disagree and agree to disagree and then go shoot Skeet.

11. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Or disagree with skeet and shoot trap :O)

12. chessney

chessney TS Member

You can thank the oil man Bush for that.Things will change when Hillary gets in there...Ziggy

13. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

I would not complain about the gas prices so much if we were using our own oil which we have and plenty of.We really do not need the quanity of oil we purchase outside the country. We have our own right here without drilling . Sure we could drill but that would make the price go down right now and that is not wanted. But we would be paying ourselves. If we used our own oil then natural gas would be pennies not dollars per hundred. Natural gas is way overprice right now but people are looking out the wrong window. Just remember if you are told gas will be 5.00 a gal. by next year they are just getting the people conditioned to except it but would probably in two years.

If we brougt back the armed forces now that would slow down the foreign oil purchase and their would be no jobs for them when they return to civilian life.

I don't see any way to get back to the real world but just cutting off outsourcing from overseas. Tax the hell out of the executives that recieve payments from overseas and live in this country under our saftey. Stop temperary employment and make any job that last 45 days a fulltime job. Throw the illeagls back over the fence. Stop the large medical insurance companies from investing in the HMO'S and medical device co. Let doctors run their own business and not the insurance run them. Anybody that starts a frivilies lawsuite should be throwed in the pen and forgot. To bad my hardrive is not big enough that would desclose most of the problems but maybe some chinaman will steal a idea an clone it then I can get it real cheap. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.