1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

car keys and seniors Humor.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Aug 23, 2013.

1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Aug 27, 2007
    West Central Florida
    Car Keys and Seniors

Several days ago as I left a meeting at a hotel; I desperately gave myself a personal TSA pat down.

I was looking for my keys. They were not in my pockets. A quick search in the meeting room revealed nothing.

Suddenly I realized I must have left them in the car. Frantically, I headed for the parking lot.

My husband has scolded me many times for leaving the keys in the ignition.

My theory is the ignition is the best place not to lose them.

His theory is that the car will be stolen.

As I burst through the door, I came to a terrifying conclusion. His theory was right. The parking lot was empty.

I immediately called the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen.

Then I made the most difficult call of all, "Hi, honey," I stammered, ( I always call him "honey" in times like these) "I love you."

"I left my keys in the car and it's been stolen."

There was a period of silence. I thought the call had been dropped, but then I heard his voice.

"Are you kidding' me", he barked, "I dropped you off" !!!

Now it was my time to be silent. Embarrassed, I said, "Well, come and get me."

He retorted, "I will, as soon as I convince this cop I didn't steal your car."

Yep it's the golden years.........
  2. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Many years ago I dropped my boss at the airport. I had my back to my car as I waved goodbye.. I reached behind me and opened the car door, not realizing it was the rear door. When I got into the car I panicked for a moment. I the fleeting feeling that the steering wheel had been stolen. True story, I swear!
  3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
    Well, since it's true confessions time...

I drive cars all over the northeast and middle Atlantic states for Enterprise Car Sales. The other day, I tried finding a Grand Caravan in New York with MY van's remote. It only took about five minutes for me to wonder why the Enterprise van's key ring had a gun club fob and house keys like mine on it.

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    As per AveragEd true confessions----wife (of 49 years) was in cancer hospital (M D Anderson in Houston) I parked in one of those 6 story parking garages, took a card out of the little reminder box & put it in my pocket. Came out a few hours later, looked at my ticket went to that floor looked all over, OH-OH no car. Called security and told them I thought it had been stolen, they sent an officer and we both looked still no car, he asked are you sure you parked it on this floor,I said yes because I have the little ticket right here. He said lets check some other floors, (I did remember the location by a post) found it 2 floors down. He said I think I might know how that happened so we went back up to the 6th floor and when he checked the box of tickets they were all for the wrong floor. He just grinned and said that happens every now & then, looks like I'm going to be busy tonight, and don't feel too bad as most people in your situation are too worried about the one in the hospital, & sometimes can't even remember which garage they're parked in. Ross Puls

PS She is a survivor 3&1\2 years now & up to 52 years of marriage, THANK YOU DEAR GOD.