1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Car dealers and whats fair

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by oz, Dec 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oz

oz Active Member

wish in one hand and s*&t in the other. see which one fills up first.

2. shadow

shadow Active Member

Lawyer up---you are going to need one !!!!!

3. skeetfield

skeetfield Member

Get a Lawyer...If, at any time when you were buying this van, the salesman said "These will run for ever", that is an implied warranty. If they ever said "These things just don't break", that is an implied warranty. The laws are on the side of the consumer, not really fair, but thats the way it is. The Dealer does not want to go to court or have his name in the paper. Usually, A registered letter from lawyer will do it. You need to do this or be prepared to spend a LOT of money on this van. Sounds like its had a hard life. No fee for the advise...

4. Fox32

Fox32 Member

You gave van problems because of to much fracking!

5. Steve V

Steve V TS Member

Check to see whether your state has "lemon laws" on the books. Usually a certain number of service calls during a given time frame automatically triggers designation that the vehicle is a "lemon" and requires replacement with a new vehicle or return of purchase price.

Should be able to research that without a lawyer. Good luck!

Steve

6. DelarockX

DelarockX TS Member

Steve V is right. My experience with the lemon law is that more than 3 attempts to fix an "unsolvable" problem at a DEALERSHIP without resolution constitutes a lemon. If your issue is legitimate, they can do what is called a substitution of collateral. They basically swap the VIN number on every paperwork to a new vehicle.

It varies from state to state.

7. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

If they were truly interested in "Customer Satisfaction" they would of un-wound the deal taken the vehicle back and your money back. If it is a locally owned store, I would go to the owner and forget the sales Mgr. or Salesperson. Obvioulsy they do not want to lose a deal, but it is beyond that.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You don't have a chance with used vehicles unless there is a written warranty.

Lemon laws were meant for new vehicles so the manufacturers didn't use the buying public as a testing ground.

Only six states, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico and New York have lemon laws on the books.

Most states have little or no protection for used car buyers.

Some info at the link. All I can say is get it in writing. And read it thoroughly.

HM

9. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Did you buy this from a new Car Dealer or a used car lot

10. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Is this a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van? Bill Malcolm

11. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

And here I though I was the only one who thought this story nearly unintelligible.

12. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Copper has a unique way to tell his stories. Just takes some getting used to. Bill

13. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

did you do a carfax on it. is the mileage and title correct. did they alter the mileage.

14. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

You need to contact the zone office for your Sprinter (Chrysler)? Let them see whats happened since your purchase of that vehicle. There are lemon laws in place to protect buyers fo vehicles that have problems that are recurring or excessive.

15. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Just simply horrible information by many of the posters above

Lemon laws are normally only for new vehicles despite what all the people above have to say. Just check your state. I dont know of a state that covers used vehicles with lemon laws but there may be some.

Implied warranty using testimony and the dealer will just give up when they get a letter from an attorney? What planet are those posters living on.

By all means see an attorney if you want. If you have evidence of fraud or a coverup of a safety issue, you might have some grounds, if you can prove it and have the money to do so. I cant imagine any attorney doing this for free or for a contingency.

Even if all the facts were as you portray them, which usually isnt the case

Regards from Iowa

Gene

16. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Gene thanks for showing why getting legal advice on a trapshooting forum is a bad idea- LOL.

17. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Copper has a Problem and "Some" of you chastise him about SPELLING and PUNCTUATION --Jeez- i thought Ts.com was the place to get "HELP" from people.Opinions about his problem -OK-about his typing--RUDE. DO NOT read if it bothers YOU. Where did "some" of you people leave your "Consideration" gene. !!!!!!!!!! JOE WHITEHURST joe90t YOU BET I WILL SIGN MY NAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Carfax is a scam, the only thing it will show is whats reported to the data collecting agency. It means nothing at all just a scam and nothing more.

19. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

"Scam" seems a little over the top. Carfax is helpful, but it's not perfect and shouldn't be considered the definitive word.

20. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

joe90t

I'm with you, I always enjoy coopers posts, they always exercise my brain.

Robert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.