1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Captin Phil Dies.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jack Frost, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

when did this happen?

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Here's a link.

One of the posters on this site knows this family personally. My condolences goes out to you and yours.

ss

3. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Yahoo, said he was only 53.

I don't know how those guys do it out there in that rough a** sea. I enjoy the heck out of the show, but I won't eat crab anymore. I don't want somebody to die so I can stuff myself at a buffett on a Friday night.

RIP - Phil

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I will eat Crab every chance I get in Phil Harris's Honor ... He was the best part of the show, a real down to earth type of guy that did what he did well ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. Skeeix

Skeeix TS Member

My son died in 2000 in Bristol Bay. Hw was the captain of a salmon gill netter and had fished for 23 years. I worked on his boat for 6 years and Alaska fishing is not for the faint of heart.

Clyde

6. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

God bless.

7. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

God Bless Capt. Phil. Don't forsake crab for Cpt. Phil, swear off Marlboros, chain smoking those is what killed him.

8. EE

EE Banned User Banned

The blood clot in his lungs was about a big a warning as anyone will ever get. He didn't change a thing. Sneaked out of the hospital to smoke. And he clearly had a serious anger management problem. Yeah, it was very entertaining, but you can't live like that. It's a shame. Probably a nice guy when he wasn't under stress.

RIP, Phil.

EE

9. Scott Morris

Scott Morris TS Member

Rest in Peace Phil. Didn't know him, but he let us into his life from the TV. He lived how he wanted and knowing men like him I'm sure he wouldn't of changed a thing. Hope I can say as much some day.

10. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I had a chance to meet Phil last year when he came out with his own line of gourmet coffee I.E Wheelhouse blend, deckhand, ETC ETC. Quite a character and lived life as he wanted too. There is a price for that... Ask not for whom the bell tolls. Jeff

11. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

He was clearly wired tight. Very passionate about the sea and his work there. Was stricken doing what he loved. We all could be so lucky. Maybe just not so young. Love the show. Hope his sons keep it together.

Rod

12. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

when did this happen?

13. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Here's a link.

One of the posters on this site knows this family personally. My condolences goes out to you and yours.

ss

14. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Yahoo, said he was only 53.

I don't know how those guys do it out there in that rough a** sea. I enjoy the heck out of the show, but I won't eat crab anymore. I don't want somebody to die so I can stuff myself at a buffett on a Friday night.

RIP - Phil

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I will eat Crab every chance I get in Phil Harris's Honor ... He was the best part of the show, a real down to earth type of guy that did what he did well ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. Skeeix

Skeeix TS Member

My son died in 2000 in Bristol Bay. Hw was the captain of a salmon gill netter and had fished for 23 years. I worked on his boat for 6 years and Alaska fishing is not for the faint of heart.

Clyde

17. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

God bless.

18. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

God Bless Capt. Phil. Don't forsake crab for Cpt. Phil, swear off Marlboros, chain smoking those is what killed him.

19. EE

EE Banned User Banned

The blood clot in his lungs was about a big a warning as anyone will ever get. He didn't change a thing. Sneaked out of the hospital to smoke. And he clearly had a serious anger management problem. Yeah, it was very entertaining, but you can't live like that. It's a shame. Probably a nice guy when he wasn't under stress.

RIP, Phil.

EE

20. Scott Morris

Scott Morris TS Member

Rest in Peace Phil. Didn't know him, but he let us into his life from the TV. He lived how he wanted and knowing men like him I'm sure he wouldn't of changed a thing. Hope I can say as much some day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.