1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARDS? ? IN YOUR WALLET?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew, Aug 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew

Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew TS Member

Being a proud father, I uploaded the picture of my son in the Post4 ad to be put on my Capital One credit cards. Below is the response that was sent:

Sorry the image you submitted for your Capital OneĀ® Image CardSM has been rejected. We will not approve any images that contain the following:

Socially unacceptable or discriminatory behavior, signs or statements (e.g. gangs, hatred, drugs/alcohol abuse, tobacco, graffiti, or illegal firearms use)

If you believe that you have been declined in error, please call us at 1-866-381-0451.

Please visit www.capitalone.com/imagecard to upload a new image.

This is an automated message. Please do not reply to this e-mail.
    ne credit cards. Please read the response they sent me.

How do you like that? They say he was engaging in ILLEGAL FIREARMS USE!!!! Effective today, if any one asks "Whats in your wallet" it certainly will not be a CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARD!!!

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Why not call them and find out about the "illegal firearms use"?

Eric

3. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i don,t see where it states jr.was engaged in illegal firearms use.. capitol one just says they won,t be involved in that kind of activity. why don,t you call capitol one & tell them what jr.does instead of bitching on here before you even know you have something to bitch about..dwain

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    dwain, so you are OK with trapshooting being called "socially unacceptable"?

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Bill just curious but tell me what they are say then please.

"Sorry the image you submitted for your Capital OneĀ® Image CardSM has been rejected. We will not approve any images that contain the following:

Socially unacceptable or discriminatory behavior, signs or statements (e.g. gangs, hatred, drugs/alcohol abuse, tobacco, graffiti, or illegal firearms use)"

Do you suppose they rejected his picture because it has something to do with Gangs or Hatred??? Maybe drug/alcohol abuse are evident in the photo. Or is it tobacco or graffiti they see in the photo.

Well I can't see any of those, I can however see a firearm so I kind of get the idea that because he is holding a shotgun it would be the only reason that fits. Now I know he is not engaging in illegal activity of any kind.

That however is the inference being made here unless anyone can see any of the other Socially unacceptable or discriminatory behavior being displayed.

Bob Lawless

6. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

mr shaeffer received an automated response. my hunch is a picture with a gun in the picture is unacceptable unless further explained by calling the number & talking with a rep. of the credit card. & brian please show me where the automated response or I say anything about trapshooting being socially unacceptable. please read carefully the explanation that mr. schaeffer received in an automatic response which is " if you feel you have been declined in error to call the number given which is 1-866-381-0451." do you boys comprehend what the message is saying?? & brian i am a current ata member & shoot registered & unregistered targets every weekend which is a damn sight more than you do..dwain

7. ivanhoe

dbcook I see so you are saying that it is Socially Acceptable for them to assume that anyone that send in a picture with a gun in it is engaging in illegal Firearms use.

Well I am clad for you and I sure as he** don't feel the same way. I feel if they are going to make assumptions about what someone is doing with a firearm that are not true. They don't deserve an explanation so I sure as he** wouldn't call them. I would do nothing and wait for them to make a move. If they don't get in touch with me they won't make any money not me.

Bob Lawless

8. acre44

acre44 Member

You need to call them and ask what is wrong with the picture. You cannot infer from the automated response what the problem is. I am sure some lackey that works at capital one saw a gun and without hesitation rejected it and he got an automated response. If you call them I am sure you will get to the bottom of it. Let us know the result.

Ned.

9. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

bob you & i have battled heads before.most recently on a thread concerning a donut post model 12 for sale several months ago.. one of the moderators put up a response to you & i seriously doubt you seen it.perhaps you should go back to that particular thread & reread what the moderator posted for you..i am not defending the card company.i posted my opinion which i believe to be correct.i actually could give a rats rear end what you would do, whther you ever get a credit card from them or you ever do any business with them.. you should also definitely reread one of the last posts you directed to me on this same model 12 thread. apparently your word ain,t worth a tinkers damn.take care dwain

10. ivanhoe

Well Bill and Dwain have a right to there opinions but again Bob does not.

Well I kind of got the impression that Mr. Shaeffer was upset by the pi** poor customer service he received from Capitol One. I agreed with his sentiment whole heartedly.

Dwain made his comments,

"i don,t see where it states jr.was engaged in illegal firearms use.. capitol one just says they won,t be involved in that kind of activity."

Then Bill made his comments,

"If no one called the number stating " if you believe you've been declined in error" where do you see trapshooting has been called "socially unacceptable" yet?"

Bob made his comments,

"That however is the inference being made here unless anyone can see any of the other Socially unacceptable or discriminatory behavior being displayed."

Of course Bob's comments draw Bill and Dwain wrath

"God damnit man, can't a person make a comment here with out your constant criticism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"apparently your word ain,t worth a tinkers damn.take care"

I don't know why I should be surprised though. I should expect that from you wonderful people. You expect me to sit here with my thumb up my *** and say nothing to satisfy your total correctness. I am absolutely in aw of you great people who think that they can comment. Yet I can't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For what it is worth Mr. Shaeffer I agree with you.

Bob Lawless

11. holdumpleas66

holdumpleas66 TS Member

My nephew had a capital card and his wife sent a payment late and the next month capital raised his intrest to 29.90,just for late payment one month,hey whats in your wallet,

12. Borderland

Borderland Member

I totally agree with Mr. Schaeffer and his suspicion that this is political correctness run amok. I dont see how any shooter can defend the actions of Captital One whether by a low level staffer or by intentional hostility to the shooting sports.

Ken

13. oz

oz Active Member

talk about socially unacceptable!!!!!!! how about the guys in their cimmercials running around causing mayhem wigh knives swords maces, etc. I guess that's funny and trap is not. oz

14. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

Sounds like a good point OZ...Dave I agree with you........but I'd call and tell them you unhappy and let them know why...

15. warren

warren Member

Try showing him from behind actually shooting a target and see what their response is, if they turn that down then you've really got a case.

warren

16. Brian in Oregon

<i>"mr shaeffer received an automated response. my hunch is a picture with a gun in the picture is unacceptable unless further explained by calling the number & talking with a rep. of the credit card. & brian please show me where the automated response or I say anything about trapshooting being socially unacceptable. please read carefully the explanation that mr. schaeffer received in an automatic response which is " if you feel you have been declined in error to call the number given which is 1-866-381-0451." do you boys comprehend what the message is saying?? & brian i am a current ata member & shoot registered & unregistered targets every weekend which is a damn sight more than you do..dwain"</i>

I think you've got the August 2010 Cwy Me A Wiver TS.com Award in the bag!

17. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i gave an opinion which i consider to be correct.you are the one doing the crying brian.if you can prove me wrong brian{prove being the key word] i will be the 1st to apologize. you appear to be on the defensive, not me....dwain

18. Brian in Oregon

It's already been proven, dwain. All of the possible objections* were ruled out, leaving only "socially unacceptable" as the only criteria left on their list.

Unless, of course, you are claiming they have <i>unstated</i> criteria. Kind of like "double secret probation".

*Quote: "Socially unacceptable or discriminatory behavior, signs or statements (e.g. gangs, hatred, drugs/alcohol abuse, tobacco, graffiti, or illegal firearms use)."

Socially unacceptable behavior - Yes.<br>
    Discriminatory behavior - No.<br>
    Gangs - No.<br>
    Hatred - No.<br>
    Drugs/alcohol abuse - No.<br>
    Tobacco - No.<br>
    Graffiti - No.<br>
    Illegal firearms use - No.

Pretty clear.

Game. Set. Match.

19. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

nothing has been proven until the phone call is made. once again brian read the part where the AUTOMATED message states that if you feel you received the message in error to call capitol one. so far everthing you say has been proven has been on an automatic response. if mr. schaeffer has spoke to a real person at capitol one then you would be correct but until then it is all opinion.& so far every response including yours & mine are only opinions... being you are an officer of the law you should know more than most that facts speak louder than opinions.. once again brian prove me wrong with facts instead of opinions of automated responses & i will be the 1st to apologize. have a great day.dwain

20. ivanhoe

"once again brian read the part where the AUTOMATED message states that if you feel you received the message in error to call capitol one. so far everthing you say has been proven has been on an automatic response."

Well I would say someone has missed something here it would seem that our everything expert thinks the automated message is the key to it all. Which means that a phone call is required.

It doesn't appear that Mr. Shaeffer feels that is the case as his response doesn't even include that as an option.

"How do you like that? They say he was engaging in ILLEGAL FIREARMS USE!!!! Effective today, if any one asks "Whats in your wallet" it certainly will not be a CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARD!!!"

That sure doesn't look to me like he is even considering the phone call to settle this matter.

"mr. schaeffer has spoke to a real person at capitol one then you would be correct but until then it is all opinion.& so far every response including yours & mine are only opinions..."

Good point so why are you arguing Mr Shaeffer has already given his opinion and seeing as he started this thread to begin with if would appear that his opinion is the only one that counts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

866-381-0451

capital one credit card trap

capital one wallet