1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CAP & TRADE VOTE TODAY

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by BT-100dc, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I realize everyone is mourning the death of Michael Jackson, but if you can wipe your eyes please contact your Representative or call him or her to urge voting against "Cap & Trade". Should be renamed as "Crap & Raid" as this bill would increase the cost of all energy, products we purchase, loss of jobs both manufacturing and non-manufacturing, and will effect not only this generation but your children & grandchildren. Keep in mind that Rep. Henry Waxman, D-CA, co-authored this piece of "crap" and nothing that comes from him should be put into law. This is a major piece of legislation with dire consequences associated with it. Many of you are on fixed incomes, as with myself, and this will significantly raise our expenses in order to just live. The only thing green about this bill is your money flowing out of your wallets. Darrell

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

9:36am: GOP Rep. Pete Sessions is on the House floor right now blasting Dems, who just moved to limit debate. It’s “unacceptable” and “undemocratic,” says Sessions. Proposals to protect farmers and agriculture won’t be considered. Sessions recounts meetings at 2am, being handed massive, new 300-page amendment. “No one has read this bill.”

“Why are we rushing to do this with a trillion dollar spending plan that will result in killing jobs and make it more difficult for us to come out of recession?”

9:57am: Dem. Rep Castor claims this will “bolster science.” (Insert bitter laughter). “What if we don’t act!? We can’t afford not to act?!”

3. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I contacted my Rep. the other day. He said he was undecided. Democrat of course. How in the hell can you be undecided on something like Kneecap and trade?

4. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Democratic scare and tax in action. The sky is falling and only more taxes going to Washington can save us all from certain death.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

bombarding your senators is the only chance at this time.

HM

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Call now!!! The vote is still a couple of hours away. I just got ahold of my congressman's office and they said he is going to vote agaisnt it. I had to call the local office, couldn't get through in DC. A couple of days a go my congressman was undecided. So let them know!

Our local trap club can't afford the price of utilities going up anymore. I too can't afford to pay more for energy. There is the trapshooting connection.

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The vote will be about 8:00 PM EST. HMB

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It passed 219 to 212. HMB

9. d endicott

d endicott Member

Calling these dumb SOB does not work........it's time to revolt before they shove more S!!t down our throat before reading it.

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Funny how Dashaub and the usual cast of Moonbats don't ever seem to have anything to contribute to these type of threads.

11. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Just read all your rants and think they are amusing. :) You guys will do anything to help big business won't you? I'll betcha if the electric companies came out tonite and wanted to raise rates by double you guys would support it. I'm just glad the repubs don't have control now they sure screwed up their chance to help out the world and America. This global warming thing is just an imagination isn't it guys? None of your computers work on Google earth and none of you can see the amount of glaciers that have melted away off land in our parks in Montana and off Greenland? You guys don't watch the PBS channels? Well all those sea captians are wrong about the number of icebergs floating off Antartica and those county sized icebergs that are floating are just imaginary. Right. Dan

12. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

We are screwed again and blind mice seem to think it is good. Pied Bahamapiper is leading us to hell in a handbasket, or at least poverty and submission.

13. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Well, the vote was 219 to 212; it passed the House (1,300 pages of crap that nobody had the time to read amounting to $2 trillion over 10 years.). My Representative, Tim Ryan (D-OH) voted for it, although his office told my wife last week that he wasn't sure about his vote. I emailed him 5 minutes ago stating how he betrayed his constituents. As a retiree, he has added additional taxes to my household if it passes the Senate. In addition, we live in the "rust belt" which will continue to drive companies to China & India. This person does not represent the interests of the people that he represents within his district. I informed him that I hope he got something for his vote more than the value of my vote. I will vote against him upon his bid for re-election, no changing that. In addition, my wife and I will write letters to the editor to our local paper. We need to make these people pay for their selling out their constituents. BT-100dc

14. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Who were the 8 republicans who voted for it? HMB

15. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Tell me how in the hell is this going to help the economy? It is already on the brink and now they are going to tax the heck out of energy? I'm in Indiana where 90% of our electricty is produced by coal, boy I bet a carbon tax will really kick start business here. Double the electric rates, higher gas prices, etc... Doesn't effect China, India, wonder where industry will go.

When electric rates go up, who will get blamed for it? The electric companies and oil companies, not the good ole liberals who passed this pos. In fact the miserable sobs who passed this legislation will ride into rescue the poor who can't pay their heating bills in a few years.

Damn news media didn't help any either. They won't report what this bill was really about. Listening to the top of the hour news on the radio all I heard the media say - it is a bill to promote energy independence and clean air, and that the Republicans where agaisnt it. And the dumb masses lick it up.

16. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

More politics! They will vote and pass whatever they want! The people have elected these in Washington and they are doing the will of the people!This is what the majority wanted, with more to come.Phone calls and letters and emails are a waste of time!Very sad to see our country make the switch over to agenda that the extreme left wing has dreamed of for years and is the end result of LSD used during the 60's and they are now running our country!

17. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

hmb, here are the eight.

Mary Bono Mack (CA)
    Michael Castle (DE)
    Mark Kirk (IL)
    Leonard Lance (NJ)
    Frank LoBiondo (NJ)
    John McHugh (NY)
    Dave Reichert (WA)
    Chris Smith (NJ)

18. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Thought you guys might find this interesting.

This is being reported on the lincoln tribune website

WASHINGTON - U.S. House Democrats have called up Rhode Island Representative Patrick Kennedy from rehab to help save a climate and energy bill that opponents say will will cost millions of jobs, reduce earnings for the average U.S. worker, and devastate the nation's Gross Domestic Product.

The bill is also known as "cap and trade".

I'm shocked another Kennedy in rehab.

19. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

I let that Idiot Castle have it:

I was extremely upset to read that you were one of 8 Republicans in the House that voted for the disaster known as cap and trade, allowing it to pass.

It does not matter that your own assessment states that the proposal wold "only" increase Delaware utility bills by $3. The matter goes entirely beyond utility bills. I work in the aviation transportation industry. An industry that uses a large amount of fossil fuels. An industry that will be affected by this disaster of a bill. There are NO electric airplanes Mr. Castle. There are NO airplanes that run on wind power Mr. Castle. There are NO airplanes that run on ANYTHING other than oil. With the airline industry already in dire straits, you have voted to, in no uncertain terms, put another nail in the airline coffin. I don't care that there's subsidies in the bill for the poor. Quite frankly, I and everybody else I know are getting tired of paying for everybody else, reducing my family's standard of living.

I hope a feel good vote, and a supposed $3 increase in utility bills was worth it. With your Republican constituents overwhelmingly opposed to this legislation, you must be planning retirement; as I don't see how you will be re-elected.

Me
    Former Castle voter.

20. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Make sure that when you call your Rep or Senator that if they vote for the bill you will ACTIVELY campaign against them in the next election!!!

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap and trade vote