1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cap guns vs video games

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bisi, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Just got watching somebody on Tv blame video games for the shootings in Newtown. Basically they were saying video games were teaching kids about the gun culture and how to shoot people, etc.....

Well when I was a kid everybody had a cap gun or BB gun. We all played Cowboy and Indians, we all watched the shoot em up Westerns with Roy and Gene. One of my first memories was going to see Roy Rogers at an arena. 10,000 kids shooting their cap guns when Roy came out riding Trigger.

Why didn't we turn out rotten? It's not the gun. Those old Westerns had a moral message in em. Never shoot anybody unarmed, never shoot anybody in the back, give me a fair chance. Try not to shoot to kill, just aim to shoot the gun out of the bad guys hand. No shooting kids or women, treat people with respect. No cussing, drinking milk in the saloon, etc.. Kinda corny now, looking back, but we knew right from wrong.

Back then when most of us grew up, I'm guessing most of us went to church. Some of us might have been dragged but we learned right from wrong.

Now if you don't believe in fair play or a God who can punish us, why not just go out in a blaze of _______ and get some revenge?

Even Obama said a couple of days before the election revenge was a reason to vote for him.

Just rambling............

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Bisi,

What psychotropic drugs did your doctor have you and your friends on?

Lifeboy?

Dial?

3. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

buzzy, that was pre Obamacare when nobody had access to Doctors.

And even if we had access everybody back then agreed you would have to be nuts to see a shrink.

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

The basic premise of Christianity is that man is inherently evil and must be taught to be good. The basic premise of the left is that man is inherently good and anyone who does something bad can be rehabilitated by the gods of our age - them. They have won the culture war and what we are seeing is the results of the triumph of their ideology.

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I just read something I haven't seen mentioned. When Adam Lanza finished his slaughter he killed himself. If he were insane and believed he was killing bad guys or space aliens, would not he stick around and expect society's gratitude? Instead he killed himself. He KNEW he had done a monstrous thing. That and all the planning is strong evidence this kid was far from insane. He was an intelligent, capable young man who bore a grudge and took it out on innocent, helpless boys and girls, period.

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Wireguy, you are spot on with your posts.

7. willing

willing Member

Wireguy
    I can not believe that a SANE person can/will murder 26 persons/children. Not in my book./

Bill

8. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Some are just born bad!

Teachers in many cases can provide the early warning, as parents are reluctant!

Talk to teachers who have developed a sixth sense after working the lower grades (yes, even in kindergarten) for a few years.

They know who will be in and out of trouble in the coming years, either criminally or mentally!

Somehow we have to latch onto this society early warning and provide intervention and guidance for all involved.

Checks and balances yes, but ignore, NO!

9. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

WOW ... Did not sane pilots drop Atomic bombs on two cities in Japan? 170 pakistan children have been killed by drone attacks and our President is Time's Man of the Year.

Damn right Bisi .... we grew up with morals and the fear of our Dads giving us a whooping.

This is me at 2 years of age!

[​IMG]

10. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Parents Worry Their Child Could Be ‘Next Adam Lanza’

Taking care of such children is a difficult, and sometimes lifelong, task.

”Families who have children like Adam (Lanza, the Conn. shooter) have to deal with this 24 hours a day for many years without much relief or much sympathy from other people, and yet it’s a nightmare,” he said.

”These children often don’t marry, they don’t integrate into society very well. It is the responsibility of the parents, often the mother, and it is an ongoing challenge.”

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/12/20/parents-worry-their-child-could-be-next-adam-lanza/

11. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Let's not forget that the vast majority of mentally ill people are not any threat to themselves or others. I hate to see the mentally ill lumped together as potential mass killers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.