1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cap and Trade Votes Friday in the House

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Perazzi MX8, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perazzi MX8

Perazzi MX8 Member

The famous CAP and TRADE bill is to be voted on Friday in the House of Representatives.
    Unless you want your taxes raised SKY HIGH, call your House Rep. and tell him/ner to VOTE NO on CAP and TRADE.

Immigration hearings are being conducted behind closed doors with Obamas cronies. The main one is Laraza who wants free health care for all Illegals.
    It is your money folks....do you want to shoot trap or pay illegals health care?? The choice is yours.

Card Check is also up for vote this week as well.

GET INVOLVED and stay in touch with your Representatives and Senators. Standing up is the only way this administration can be stopped.

If you shoot, if you own a firearm get involved before it is too late. Join an activist group and stay informed and get active. Call Washington and raise hell.

These people work for us, we do not work for them. They believe that we do and now more than ever, we need to stand up and fight and make them do what "We the People want, not the party or paid special lobbys."

Best regards, Donnie Shields ATA Life Member and Organizer of the Bloomington Area 912 Project.

2. atashooter

atashooter Member

Make sure you state " Cap & Trade (in any form or other name )" cause they will call it something else and vote for it, then say " Well, I did NOT vote for Cap & Trade, I voted for so& so". Make sure to use that for Cardcheck also.

3. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Tax revenue for politicians is like heroin to a drug addict, especially when it's not an election year and they can hide in a supermajority vote.

Bottom line, Congress is going to pass Cap and Trade, Card Check, a second stimulus bill, eviscerate our health care, our banking and financial systems, raise your taxes, trash your retirement plan, print money until the dollar is worthless, force you to drive a plastic golf cart, and probably gut the second amendment.

And there ain't a damn thing you and your kids can do about it. Shut up and pay for it. It's a big crap sandwich - everybody gets to take a big bite.

$15 trillion so far and counting. Just to give you a sense of scale, do you know what World War II cost America? In inflation-adjusted 2009 dollars, $5 trillion, and it took us five years to spend it to level two entire countries. Our friends in Washington did it in six months, and they can count on long and happy careers in office, because we insist on reelecting them over and over again without any consequences at all.

4. Perazzi MX8

Perazzi MX8 Member

Well bobdog,

Maybe you like the taste of a crap sandwich, I do not know. If you do, then sit on the couch and do NOTHING as far to many good silent majority Americans have done for the last 40 years. If your do not want to be part of the solution, then remain the problem. Frankly, I do not intend to eat foul tasting crap sandwiches.

A famous man once said, "In the beginning, the Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then is costs nothing to be a Patriot."

So sit on the couch, I and people like me will fight your battle for you. The quote is from Mark Twain.

Best regards..Donnie Shields ATA Life Member.

5. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

The operative sentence was "And there ain't a damn thing you and your kids can do about it."

You're going to fight the battle how, exactly? I don't like it any better than you do, but I think part of the problem is that Congress and the Administration are above all influence from folks like us. Plainly put, they don't care what we think. The media doesn't care what we think. Liberals don't care what we think. And the economy and the fabric of our country is swirling around the drain. If you're like a lot of folks, your pension is on life support, your business is off or gone, your house is worth a third less than it was a year ago, and maybe you've lost your job. And Congress tells us we need Cap and Trade, socialize our medical care, trade in our clunkers to buy Smart Cars, and send another billion to Hamas as a goodwill gesture. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong about all this. Maybe Obama's gonna save us all. But I haven't been wrong about where we're heading since last November, and I say that honestly.

Read the headlines on Drudge today, just for instance: Warren Buffett says our economy is "in shambles" and probably won't recover for years. Bonnie Fwank wants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to loosen up mortgage rules again, which is arguably what started this whole sh*tstorm. Citicorp intends to raise salaries 50%. NY TIMES Poll Showing 72% Support for Obama's Health Care Plan -- Was Stacked With Obama Supporters. Obama tells ABCNEWS, 'We will get health care reform this year'. And don't you dare call Barbara Boxer "Ma'am", or ask a pointed question in an Obama press conference.

It's pretty much the same thing every day. Congress has been playing a shell game so fast you barely remember the Porkulus bill, or the GM bailout for the UAW. Gas is $3.00 a gallon again, not because of inventories or political strife, or even gas reformulation; it's because the dollar is worth a lot less and the speculators know that inflation and the good times for them are right around the corner. After a while, people just roll over and shut up, because you can't keep track of it all. That's the game.

I'll do my part a year from November, when I get to vote again. In the meantime, what is you think we should do?

6. Perazzi MX8

Perazzi MX8 Member

Why do you want to roll over and let this happen?? I do not understand that?

If someone ruffles your feathers at a shoot or someplace else, do you tuck your tail and run home?? Sounds like it. Or.. do you fight for your rights on the spot.

If you are truly mad and pissed off, then join an activist group and get into in the fight. Help the process from the grass roots level up, city council, school board, state representative, senator. You can not sit on the couch until Nov 2 and run to the polls and vote.

IF YOU DO THAT...you will spend the following 4 years eating more crap sandwiches. Is that going to be your diet of choice? I may go down, but by God I am going down being vocal and fighting this mess until my dying breath.

So....is the couch bobdog and a crapsandwich or the battlefield for you???

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Everybody, call the clowns in DC and say no!

8. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Perhaps the "Cap & Trade" should be renamed "Crap & Raid". I emailed my Congressman today and voiced my opposition. I also informed him if he supports "Cap & Trade" I'll vote against him next election. It's taht important. BT-100dc

9. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Donnie, I'm not here to pick a fight with you or trade insults. Nor am I content to sit on the couch as you suggest. Fact is, you don't know whether I'm politically active, or what groups I might belong to, contribute to, or support. I don't plan to discuss that topic any further with you, but don't make assumptions you can't prove.

10. Perazzi MX8

Perazzi MX8 Member

Bob,
    Nor I here to fight with you, that is not my intent. Our country is in a very sad state right now. If we do not motovate people and get them active, not only is our great shooting sport in danger, but this very forum and forums like it could be banned. The libs are out to hack free speech and shows such as are on talk radio. So do not ever think, a forum like this, full of active gun owners and users could not be a target. This liberal progressive movement is nearly 100 years in the making, and now coming to real and total power. So be concerned.

If you do not have it in your own library, go and get a book written by Sinclair Lewis called "It Can't Happen Here." It was written I think in about 1935. It is a very scary parallel to what is happening right now. It will make you think and wonder who is really pulling the strings.

Best regards....Donnie Shields

11. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Should pass the House quickly.

But no one expects it to fly in the Senate the dems' know this so it is just all show (we are the environmental party crap)now.

Most likely a dead bill but one never knows these days.

Rock

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.